New to duck hunting

jreisen04

It was my first time out duck hunting ever went out to a shooting point in the unit not much action at all and not many hunters around for the rest of the week after opening day. I just got my 13 month old lab back from baypoint kennels and was hoping to get him some action but no luck. I am going back thanksgiven weekend to try the unit again does anybody have any advice or would like to join me in a morning hunt? I already have a bunch of gear 12 mallards and 6 pintail decoys with weights couple burlap tarps that's what I used to hide boat and a ready to go lab just back from 3 months of training

Last edited:
It was my first time out duck hunting ever went out to a shooting point in the unit not much action at all and not many hunters around for the rest of the week after opening day. I just got my 13 year old lab back from baypoint kennels and was hoping to get him some action but no luck. I am going back thanksgiven weekend to try the unit again does anybody have any advice or would like to join me in a morning hunt? I already have a bunch of gear 12 mallards and 6 pintail decoys with weights couple burlap tarps that's what I used to hide boat and a ready to go lab just back from 3 months of training

Shooting point success at the Unit varies with the time of year...later in the fall when the divers start showing up is when many of
these shooting points are successful...though some will get ducks on any given day depending on the wind etc...the box blinds on the west side of the Unit and the inner marsh will produce birds throughout the season as well but success rates will vary due to wind conditions/time of year/migratory patterns during the season....just keep at
it and u and your dog will be successful!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks