New motor- what to buy

My advice is to go with a 4 stroke.They are much quieter than the two's and you don't need to buy any 2 stroke oil.With the technology in the motors today you can't really go wrong with any make.I had a 90 Optimax on my Lund.It ran awesome,had lots of power and was great on gas and oil.However at cruising speed(24 mph@4200 rpm)it was loud.We regretted not going for the quieter 4 stroke.When I was fishing it wasn't an issue but when the wife and I went for a cruise we had to kind of yell over the engine noise.I'm just throwing out a consideration.

Finally decided on motor, after talking to Doug (tall one) at Proctor Marine in Simcoe for 45 minutes on phone. I told him what I wanted in a motor for my boat, and he recommended the E-tec. So I had him order a 115 HO for me, took it down today and it will be installed Monday or Tuesday. Very happy with the service so far from Proctor, will let you know end results when I get boat back next week.

Congrats on the purchase! Post up what you think when you get her on the water. I've found Doug to be a stand up guy in dealing with Proctor's for 9 years and 2 boats.

Finally decided on motor, after talking to Doug (tall one) at Proctor Marine in Simcoe for 45 minutes on phone. I told him what I wanted in a motor for my boat, and he recommended the E-tec. So I had him order a 115 HO for me, took it down today and it will be installed Monday or Tuesday. Very happy with the service so far from Proctor, will let you know end results when I get boat back next week.

Nothing like a brand new toy to play with and fish on the water! :)
Also I've only heard positive things about Proctor Marine. (y)
Enjoy and wish you nothing but good luck with your new E-tech. :D

Proctor Marine is a great place to do business with!! Can't say anything but good things about dealing with Doug...bought my first boat from them and they are fair, honest and dependable!! That's not so common anymore these days

I've been looking at the etech technology for a while with great interest, looking forward to your feedback. Congratulations, with all the choices out there and information it's difficult to nail it down. Pretty sure you won't have any regrets.

Nope hadn't seen that report. very good, thanks for sharing. hoping the 115 ho makes the skeeter a rocket ship that catches fish.

Ingold Archery, I have, at one point or another, seen every manufacturer brand engine...blow up! This does not indicate that they are all bad...it happens. As for opinions in general, I have found in the past people will tell you what you want to here and not necessarily the truth and that statement does not, in general, reflect the opinions of the fine people of '68 as they do share some great opinions. My best advise to you is to do your homework! Talk to your dealer about options, take into consideration the type of boating you enjoy, and talk to people who actually own the units you are considering. Ask them about the pro's and con's of their units in which they have experienced. All manufacturers have web sites and most have a review section. Read several of them and look for common denominators. Like any major purchase, do your homework and be diligent about it.
Good luck!!!

cheers!

Finally found time, motor I decided on works great. hole shot is amazing, idle is smooth, as well as wide open. Got down to long point on sunday, with oldest son. with 3 new heavy 31 series batteries, full tank of gas, 4 blade stainless prop, and 600 lbs of human weight we managed 50 mph. I had more trim to go, but rpm's was at 6000 so i pulled back on throttle. I'm very happy with motor, and proctor marine, now we just got to get correct 3 blade prop.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks