New Boat Launch coming to Port Stanley.

Well George .... I have mixed feeling about it ........nice to have a ramp in area but just one more reason for Central Elgin to hike our tax bills .............someone will have to pay the $230,000 bill ....guess its only $200,000 since we are getting $35,000 from the provincial Rural Economic Development program.............apps

l know @apps. As a fellow Central Elgin taxpayer I can understand the mixed feelings. Hopefully the Pay for Parking recoups some of the costs.

YUP-free ramp,but,you have to pay to park your truck an trailer$$$$$$.-lol

Yea nothing free in Central Elgin @HORTY ...........Had one of the Central Elgin workers pull up at the end of my driveway when I was clean snow out of my driveway the other day and tell me , I better not think about plowing that snow across the road cause its illegal ....... just had all the snow pushed to the end of driveway with the 4 wheeler............. guess he has the right to hand out highway traffic act tickets now ......lol .............said he be back to check and make sure none of the snow made it across the road ........I told him to go bug someone that had a pile of snow across the road from there driveway and since mine was still getting piled at the end on my front yard that he should just piss off !...............apps

might be the same cost as opposed to Stan's by the time parking is factored in... maybe he'll lower prices for the upcoming season?

Yea nothing free in Central Elgin @HORTY ...........Had one of the Central Elgin workers pull up at the end of my driveway when I was clean snow out of my driveway the other day and tell me , I better not think about plowing that snow across the road cause its illegal ....... just had all the snow pushed to the end of driveway with the 4 wheeler............. guess he has the right to hand out highway traffic act tickets now ......lol .............said he be back to check and make sure none of the snow made it across the road ........I told him to go bug someone that had a pile of snow across the road from there driveway and since mine was still getting piled at the end on my front yard that he should just piss off !...............apps
once had a by-law officer stop me while cutting the front lawn and threaten to fine me if I was planning on getting grass clippings on the sidewalk

should be around 20dollars to launch and 20 or more to parkand any parking on the streets surrounding the launch is towable according to the meetings we had

should be around 20dollars to launch and 20 or more to parkand any parking on the streets surrounding the launch is towable according to the meetings we had
WOW talk about a cash grab----- port burwell or port dover dont charge for parking at the launch. what is parking like around the pier if you want to shore fish????

That's NOT a cash grab guys (and gal). Cash grab is trying to park in the town of Georgina (lake Simcoe) where NOBODY from out of town is allowed to park in the parking lots and risk fines if they do. NOBODY!! I don't mind paying for good facilities and a decent ramp like the one at Crystal Beach. That is an amazing set up compared to most. I hope the new ramp is just as good. Keswick can kiss my butt before I spend a nickel in that place again. Fool me once..... you guys get the idea. I'm coming pickerel fishing in Erie this year. I know where I am not wanted.

So much for the small guy, for years getting walked all over by these same people they go ahead and put one in for themselves and then call it free, i guess in the end I get rooked into pay for it as well, go figure

To bad it's not more like in the U.S. .......beautiful public ramps.....free......well paid for by every bodies fishing licences. Wonder what they do with all the money from Canadian fishing licences........just a thought!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks