Negativity

Strait off the stacks, again. Nice catch there @longrun. Some nice meat there. A bit rough today to wash bait. We had 4 footers here all day until about 5PM.
Yep. It was sweet out last 3 nights though.
image_zpsvqhb2utc.jpeg

Congrats longrun on your success on the walleye catchin(y)...sounds like you earned it...thanks for sharing!

Mick--the trolling/negative rsponses to posting is almost the norm on the internet. I help mod another hunting/fishing site, and although it stays REALLY +ve and full of outstanding members once in a while someone wants to rain on a parade and the bickering starts....so one warning then I toss them fast. I'm on a music/bluegrass forum and it gets downright ugly...a battle of egos.
I was trying to help some friends with selling their boat...an ad was on here, Kijiji, etc..for a Springbok Jumbo. They set the $$ a bit higher than I suggested but it was their boat, so we went with that price. You can't believe the # of abusive emails I got from Kijiji...not from some one that wanted to buy it, just jacka$$es wanting to vent about the price, the engine, where I should anatomically put the boat, etc. Do people actually spend their days looking up ads so they can send hate-mail??? What a bunch of losers.

...oh, I reset the boat for the owners to what I thought was a market price, and it sold in a day....:cool:

hey DaveJ what really can the moderator do to improve the site for posting fishing reports and share information related to fishin.

It is unfortunate of the sheer bitterness from a few members aimed towards fishermen that post there successful fishing reports. There was a fishing report titled 2 man limit in 4 hours...that thread got hammered for not giving up the GPS numbers...lol The poster was also accused of bragging...lol... like find your own pod of fish to catch... There are guys on here that don't & wont and can't catch fish and they no who they are...and others know to as its so obvious with there negativity. So they come on here and take it out on the guy that does catch fish. The site I signed up for was to share fishing reports and fishing info...and brag a bit when ya hammer um...but nope not no more....you say a bunch of losers... I say a bunch of cry babies.

[

Mick..I think the only thing a mod can do is end the quarrels quick, and anyone who likes to cause grief is gone...fast.

I love the reports and I really appreciate when people give some tips like what colors are hot, maybe some depths to try.....but exact locations is a bit lame. It great to know maybe Erieau is hot vs Burwell vs Colchester, but GPS co-ords....the lake changes day to day. Remember the 90's ?? I thought I was Mr.Slick when I put a new Loran in the boat. The only thing it was good for was getting back to port in the fog...and even then it was useless some days. We followed the fish and the bait. Now some want you to put a red X on the water. I GUARANTEE you if I posted a BS thread on some sites with "4 Man Limit @ GPS Co-ord XXXXXX" that location would be PACKED the next day. Like its been said a thousand times here, theres nothing like putting some water under the boat to get on fish.

Well said Dave J.....the one theme that runs true through a majority of negative posts on sites like this is jealousy ;) I love hearing success stories and seeing the pics, just keep the coordinates or rivers/creek names quiet. Sure you'll piss off some wannabes by "bragging" but many of us actually enjoy seeing glowing reports of our provinces great fishing opportunities.

Josh

Hey DaveJ thats what it takes is get out on the water and learn how to bring it all together...There is all the useful info here on this site to help fishermen catch fish!

I envy that puddle jumper! for a youngster he has put the fishin time in to become a sport fishin encyclopedia..lol...he has helped this site more then anyone when it comes to fishin!!

Your right Josh it comes down to jealousy and there is nothing worse to a select a few that read the post 2 man limit in 4 hours! I had a one man limt in 3 hours last monday night...and i was content with that...lol

Last edited:
Back