Off Topic Need some info on planer releases.

CourtLund

Where is the best place to stock up on planer release clips? Just built my big board setup. I’ve seen some on Amazon but not sure if they are any good?
Does anyone have any reviews of the clips they sell on Amazon?

I am sure this question has been asked and answered a million times on this forum, but how do you attach the elastic?

Many guys use bands and shower curtain rings, and cheap plastic close pins...I have the yellow scotty ones, but I'm gonna use the bands and close pins..

Dollar store

shower clips, close pins and then go to staples and get #16 bands

I made up 50 clips last year for under $40

they take a bit of getting use to for how deep to put band and or read band for small fish but I have figured it out now for the most part and work great.

I make my own using a shower curtain clip, alligator clip, and some 1/4" air hose to protect the line from the teeth. They work great and are super cheap. Sorry for the bevy in the pic.

Attachments

• Planer Board Clips.jpg
    Planer Board Clips.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 34
I am sure this question has been asked and answered a million times on this forum, but how do you attach the elastic?
Just loop the elastic through its self on your line . Attach it to the carabiner on the planer board line . I have used the shower curtain set up before . I find the carabiner slide down the planner board line smoother and don’t rust like the shower curtain hooks do .

Back