Navionics or Lake Master Card for GPS Sonar Combo

Bic4d

Hey guy's just bought a new Humminbird GPS Sonar Combo and am wondering if any one is using a Navionics Card or Lake Master card in there unit. If so what one and how's the detail of the Great Lakes........
read.gif
In particular I'm curious on the detail of Lake Erie, Ontario, Huron and some northern Lakes.............Looking for opinions before I purchase an SD Card for next season...... Cheers

I have the Navionics Gold in my Hummingbird, it has enough detail for the Great Lakes for me. Not as much detail as my Garmin card but actually could have too much detail for where we fish as it is around Nanticoke and the shipping channels, and it was confusing with a depth every few feet near the docks. I don't need to see all the wel lcaps in the lake as well. Have never used it inland lakes so I can't help you there. I was just a the Sail store today and for around $150.00 they were talking about a premium card with lifetime updates, I'm sorry I can't remember which one, check out their web site, shop around.

Thanks guys for all the INFO and I'll check out Sail (WTP) it looks like the Navionics is what I'll be going with..... I to am not looking for a whole lot, just some contour and Canadian land marks, as well as a some northern lakes INFO...... Cheers

(This is a reply from Lake Master) www.lakemap.com

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. The Great Lakes chip covers all of Lake Erie on the U. S. side and stops at the Canadian border.
If we can assist you further on this subject or any other Humminbird related questions please feel free email us again or contact our Customer Resource Center at
1-800-633-1468 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I also have the Navionics Gold in my Humminbird 788CI HD Combo and it's great. It has everything I need including the navaids for the Great Lakes. etc.

Back