Nanticoke Saturday sep 3 Walleye trip / nets ?

swingman

Haven't been out in over 2 weeks but we are going tomorrow :happy:. Last time out found nets starting at 70 fow .
Anybody have new info on the net locations. I read @FisherPrice post about 110fow. was that the south end or north. Would like to avoid them !
We will be on 68 if anyone wants to trade strategies. our call is - Just Wing It !
hope to have some results to post. cheers!

Sounds like the nets will be out of the way. I always have figured that the commecial guys have a better idea of where the fish are than I do...Thus I typically start around a set if if I find them on the way out. It has been a strange year for me. I have yet to catch a walleye on a spoon this year...Ripplin redfins and worm harnesses on lead core...Best advice I have to give. I prefer the riggers but they have not produced for some unknown reason. The bottom drops off quite quickly around the point. Once we catch one, I typically try that depth contour for an hour. If nothing is caught, we will troll shallower or deeper.

Ya the fish are all over that area but it has been a weird year they are moving shallow to deeper faster than normal and it seems like they're moving up and down in the water column faster as well .I would try 80-110 ft down 50-60 ft

not much of a report but Saturday 1 pic and sunday 1 pic. did loose a couple sunday . all action came in 85-90 fow down 50 t0 60.The wally gods were only allowing 1 a day as all radio chatter was, got 1 and that's all. The bonus to the Saturday trip was @Fish Farmer that Ron got the fish after a long Erie hiatus. Gave him a unusual good scrap to boot.

you might have been fishing a little to high, we got 5 on sunday, same depth around 80-90', but 60-70' down, all fish came of the riggers on harnesses.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks