Fishing Report Nanticoke June 30th

jrr

Went out in the rain this morning and it was a little more than a pickerel chop out there. Decided to go looking for warmer water and I found it just east of Nanticoke. Fished 40-70 FOW with worm harnesses, 2 oz weights, and inline planers. Got a couple on but only 1 in the boat. A nice size eater walleye. Kids caught some nice sized perch in the marina with worms.

Water temp was 65F at the surface, 62-63F 40 FT down. A couple fishing tugs were out that way but I didn’t see nets (or run over any).

Didn’t get a lot of pics because the rain and not wanting to pull my phone out. Still feeling the waves at home.

9E0D4A03-4D41-493C-9DC6-17933FEC0A95.jpeg7FC880BE-63B4-467E-AD22-BACA580CDC71.jpeg

Last edited:
What colour harness was you using
The one we got in the boat was on a home made orange and black… and I have no idea how the single hook stayed in its lip. Had some on pink and orange/green as well.

We plan on starting e to explore that area this weekend and look for fish.
Smallmouth and walleye spots
If anyone is interested in working together and sharing info PM me

we are going there Saturday for bass and hopefully out deeper for walleye. You catch perch inside the marina? or out the mouth of the inlet?

How are you liking that boat @jrr?
Loving it. Those waves weren’t small yesterday but we could run around at 30-35 mph and its fine. Also figured out the new troll control system — I can get down to 1mph. I find the fish hawk disagreement between the GPS speed on the Garmin, what it thinks is the speed, and the speed at the ball pretty fun to ‘trust.’

I will spend a lot more on gas for a day out… that is a negative.

we are going there Saturday for bass and hopefully out deeper for walleye. You catch perch inside the marina? or out the mouth of the inlet?
The perch are under my boat at the slip. My guess is they will be there for a week longer at most… those warm nights in the forecast will make it too warm for them soon.

I was out there too yesterday, Hoover’s to elbow and down to Peacock. Did not fish, was putting new engine thru ten hour break in. Plan to hit it hard Saturday with Friday forecast not looking great. Surface temps in low 60s for the most part. Marked a lot of fish.

Loving it. Those waves weren’t small yesterday but we could run around at 30-35 mph and its fine. Also figured out the new troll control system — I can get down to 1mph. I find the fish hawk disagreement between the GPS speed on the Garmin, what it thinks is the speed, and the speed at the ball pretty fun to ‘trust.’

When you have a boat like that, who cares about the price of gas @jrr ? Nice Outer Bay ride for sure!

The gas inefficiencies only when the troll control is engaged
Or all the time now?
Not sure what to expect I’ll be getting it installed next month

The gas inefficiencies only when the troll control is engaged
Or all the time now?
Not sure what to expect I’ll be getting it installed next month
With troll control on — pretty low 1.2-2 gph. Stayed closer to 1.2 most of the time — and that is two 300HP engines going.

It’s more my running speed to get fishing. It seems that when the waves pick up my big beast prefers to go faster so the nose digs in… the ride is a lot smoother at 35mph than 30… even closer to 40mph. But… I am getting close to 30 gph at that speed.

My previous boat with a single 350 hp was about 12-14 gph but it would bang around at speed in the same chop that my new one wants to go faster in.

I’m getting it installed because my boat wants to troll around 3-3.4mph
When I would prefer to at 2.5-3.0

I’m getting it installed because my boat wants to troll around 3-3.4mph
When I would prefer to at 2.5-3.0
It was on my single 350 and i could drop it down to 2mph — with the new boat and dual engines, i can drop it down to 1mph.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks