My First Bass Opener

LadyInRed

Some friends took me to the Maitland River, near Goderich for bass opener. We waded down the river for 6 hours, each of us landing 50+ bass. Most were under a pound, but I did hook into a large one that nearly pulled me off my feet before snapping the line. Finally I landed a 3+lb smallie, the biggest freshwater fish I've ever caught. I had such an awesome time

030.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

well done Red---sounds like you had a blast with the smallies

thks for the report

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Congrats on your Opening Bass Fishing Success LadyInRed.The Maitland is my favourite River for Steelhead & Bass,great scenery and a fish pretty well in every hole or run.A lot of crayfish also under those rocks for bait for those feisty Smallmouth Bass.A lot of places on the Maitland makes you think that you are fishing on some River much further North of Goderich.It should also be named a Heritage River,such as the Thames River here in London because of its many special feature & History.Keep On Bassin!8D

RED FISH

Red Herring, I was very impressed with that river. There was such an array of life. Everything from tiny mollusks to clams, crayfish, minnows, lots of fish, birds, flora and fauna. It's in near pristine condition. The amounts of clams and bass indicate a very healthy river. Its been a long time since I've seen clams as big as I saw there. It reminded me of the Sandusk creek that I used to wander around 20 years ago.

I'm looking forward to introducing my son to bass fishing when I find a good shore spot here in Dover. I've seen them from the pier so I think we will try there soon :D

Good Luck fishing with your son for Bass at Port Dover.Once he catches his first Bass,he will be Hooked for Life! An excellent Sportfish to Enjoy forever.;)8D

RED FISH

Well I'm a big fan of river fishing for bass,my home turf is york/cayuga on the Grand river.There is "no better" of an experience when it comes to "wading" in the river for fish.It's nice to see a "lady" in the river enjoying the finest fishing experience anybody could encounter!!! I went today to nanicoke thinking there was going to be alot of bass there and there was not a sniff(sheephead only).So we went in the afternoon to your neck of the woods(wooley's point) for bass and all we caught were jumbo perch!!!!We took home 14 between 12"-15"!!!Horray finally some jumbo's after many outings this year on Lake Erie!!The bite was finicky using single hook and 2 split shots and a slip bobber system also!!!
LadyinRed you should try the Grand river for pickeral now, seeing as you have mastered the river bass fishing!Way to go "50+ Bass"!!!!I'd like to see my fishing parters top that number(men)!!!!

Back