muskie seminar

jakerboy

Hello , Just wondering if anyone else caught the muskie seminar yesterday? We happen to walk in a London fishing store yesterday and Jim Fleming was just starting it . If was very interesting and I learned a lot. Going to try to put his info to use this year. I just wished that muskie baits were not so $$$ !

Yea @jakerboy musky fishing isn't the cheapest sport @ any where from $10-$60 a bait and us musky fishermen/women can't just have a few , O no we need a few boxes that hold 45 baits in each box , but when you hook into your 1st 50"er , well you forget all about the money you spent in baits and can't wait to hook into another one !!!.....................apps

We are blessed here to choose from so many species to angle for. River waders don't understand longliners 15 miles out on a big lake fighting 5 foot waves, longliners have no clue why someone would spend tens of thousands to hang 300 HP from the back of a few sheets of plywood to fly from one Bass spot to another at 100 miles an hour, and all exclusively softwater folks have no idea why someone would stare down a hole in the ice all day with a small twig in hand.

Like wise I don't get the musky thing, that is until I boated my one and only 38 incher trolling for Walleye with 8 pound mono. We all can't afford all the toys specific to each style of fishing. I guess that's what outfitters and guides are for. Maybe if I won the lottery, a big one, I'd buy a few $90.00 plugs. $90.00 for a piece of a baseball bat with 10" of plastic hanging off it. As they say on NFL Today " come on man".

Johnny D

Start your bait collection this Saturday at the second annual fishing swap meet in Chatham. Last year I had a table and was able to
clean out a lot of gently used older fishing tackle that hasn't been used for a few years. This year I will be a shopper and hope to pick
a few deals. It starts at 11 to 3 and is at the CBD club. ( Chatham Belgium Dutch Club.) There is NO entry fee. I am not associated with
this swap, just passing on the info. There was two Musky bait makers there last year with a lot of used baits.

Back