Mitchell fish huts Feb 21

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Plenty of clear solid ice at least 12’ thick. Wish I had thought through the cleaning process before I brought home 40. Thank god we threw as many back.

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4391.jpeg
    IMG_4391.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4384.jpeg
    IMG_4384.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 169
The ZOMBIE FISH at 1030ish today. When it started jumping around I considered selling our house!!!
I hear ya. Many times I've caught some first thing in the morning off my favorite pier (by first thing I mean just before or just as the sun is coming up) and when I get home shortly after 5pm and go to clean whatever I managed that day, the first one I caught always seems to be the most energetic of the bunch. It should be dead, but it ain't. It's frightening. :nailbiting::ROFLMAO:

You noticed that? It pulled the rod right outta the holder while we were pulling in two ithers

It got into a current and we were fishing in about 25/27 feet so we tried but there was no way to get a hook over there. We even tail hooked a perch we caught and sent him back down hoping he would swim near it but he refused to cooperate with us. I rigged up a 3point hook with no results. Unless I opened up above it with a saw there was no way to get at it cause the perch pulled it away from us when he took it. As you can clearly see in the picture.

Utube LIED to me about the best way to clean the perch. It took me over 3 hours to clean them and remove the spine. I like fishing for them but after wasting money on a skinzit which SUCKED. Then I spent time watching utube videos. I can clean a walleye in my sleep but these perch are PURE WITCHCRAFT

It got into a current and we were fishing in about 25/27 feet so we tried but there was no way to get a hook over there. We even tail hooked a perch we caught and sent him back down hoping he would swim near it but he refused to cooperate with us. I rigged up a 3point hook with no results. Unless I opened up above it with a saw there was no way to get at it cause the perch pulled it away from us when he took it. As you can clearly see in the picture.
I could not tell where you were from that under water photo. Just assumed it was at the bottom underneath the hole
I also did not know you were over 27 feet of water.
At least yah tried hahaha sucks losing a rod like that.
At least you didn’t drop your cell phone

I could not tell where you were from that under water photo. Just assumed it was at the bottom underneath the hole
Dropping a cell phone @Derkd9 would definitely not be a good thing! 🙄 I know someone that has lost a cell phone 😚,but not down an ice fishing hole,but by holding a pike for a selfie 🤳 shoot while fishing out of a kayak!! 🫣 lol 😝 At least @rcfire77 fishing pole likely would not be as expensive as a cell phone! But either way,it sucks to loose an ice fishing rod!! 👎😒

My friend dropped his cell at Stanley launch 2 years ago . The water never cleared there to find it lol

I dropped mine down the hole almost 2 years ago and watched the light slowly die over the next 5 hours while my jackarsed buddies beside me kept calling it and leaving messages! The phone I have now is the replacement I purchased in the Alliston bell store on the way home.

I also remember posting a pic of it on here that my buddy sent me of it at the bottom of the hole.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks