Minn kota power drive v1

Dannycastro1019

Has anyone owned one of these and had the foot pedal go bad? I have one in the garage and was thinking of selling it but the foot pedals pooched and it wont spin the prop. Any suggestions or where i can fix it?

I think you can buy a v2 pedal with round plug, then cut the plug, re-wire to old rectangular plug. It should be one to one mapping. This is based on my online search, I don’t have a physical v2 pedal. But I do have v1 pedal which steering gone bad. So i replaced the steering contacts with physical switches, dry run ok. Need test on water.

It's often just dirty contacts on the circuit board too. You just take it apart and clean the rheostat up with some alcohol and it may be good again. I did this to my old one and it worked until I sold it. This video is for the V2 but the V1 is the same idea...there's lots of info if you google it too.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks