Men fined $10,000 for walleye possession

Great to see that these guys got good fines.They should have got their liscences revoked for a period of time also.

I am curious as to what happens to the equipment that is seized? Do they auction it off? If so, is it an online auction?

CO was at ramp when I came in the other day, check catch and Lic. All good, then we were talking and he mentioned a huge fine an seizure coming in the news.... Wow some people think it'll never happen, well it seems to happen and always to the right dips..... (y)

I am curious as to what happens to the equipment that is seized? Do they auction it off? If so, is it an online auction?

There is 'seized' and there is 'forfeited to the crown' which are two different things. Seized means they take your stuff and hold it as evidence until you go to trial. Depending on what you are convicted of, the judge may or may not have the authority to order forfeiture. If he does order that the gear be 'forfeited' they keep it and sell it off. If the sentence does not include forfeiture, they give it back.

Nice that they got a hefty fines, but I wish commercial fishing boats would get the same fines or more. They always seems to get away with next to nothing for fines.
Silly system we got......

Well if 25 fish over equals 5000 a piece per Angler .Could you imagine what the fine should be for a commercial violator.I also think their names should be published so they can feel ashamed for their crime.I am talking about the anglers here.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks