Maybe 🤔, this hoodie will be good luck for me today,to catch my 1st walleye of 2024!! 🎣🤞🤣😉👍😎

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My camouflage hoodies I have been wearing recently while on some of my walleye fishing trip’s,just haven’t got it done,by “sneaking” up on the Thames River walleye’s to catch!! 🤷 Perhaps 🤔,the bright “RED” colour on this hoodie I am wearing today,will get the walleye’s attention,during the low & clear water conditions on the Thames River right now!! Here’s hoping anyways, & “stay tuned” for a walleye update later,good or bad! l🎣👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3024.jpeg
    IMG_3024.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 45
My camouflage hoodies I have been wearing recently while on some of my walleye fishing trip’s,just haven’t got it done,by “sneaking” up on the Thames River walleye’s to catch!! 🤷 Perhaps 🤔,the bright “RED” colour on this hoodie I am wearing today,will get the walleye’s attention,during the low & clear water conditions on the Thames River right now!! Here’s hoping anyways, & “stay tuned” for a walleye update later,good or bad! l🎣👍😎
The pickerel are going to be on the other side of the river. They will see you coming all the way from 1993

Gotta love that Hoodie Red! Derk9 would not be impressed! Looking forward for that great report my friend. Good luck Erich. Be safe.

I know what your problem is @Red Hering You are wearing the wrong camo clothing. My camo gets me ducks😂😂
IMG_6109.jpeg

I know what your problem is @Red Hering You are wearing the wrong camo clothing. My camo gets me ducks😂😂
View attachment 84490
Thanks for your support my friend & good to know @Three Bouys 👊 I will need to change it up by using the right camouflage,and hopefully 🤞 the next time out,the proper camouflage will get me some Thames River walleye’s! 🎣🐟 😉 Good looking duck’s you shot by the way! 👍🙂

Last edited:
The pickerel are going to be on the other side of the river. They will see you coming all the way from 1993
lol 😂 @Derkd9 👍 would you have a Maple Leaf baseball cap 🧢 🧐 from 1967? 🤔 Next time I will start fishing on the other side of the river! lol 😝 😉👊 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 4
My update from today’s walleye trip,it was bad,meaning no walleye’s caught,but also good at the end! 👍 Slow Thames River walleye fishing for me and other angler’s that I had talked to throughout today. One of those anglers was Kyle,who recognized me from @stomp channel 68. We did a quick photo shoot,annd he ended up with a “free” 68 sticker. IMG_3025.jpeg Kyle and I ended up chatting for awhile to catch up on things,mostly about the present walleye fishing conditions,etc. I did try a few different spot’s today,from 10 a.m till 4 p.m., no luck,but I did find this on one of my riverbank walk,can you see it in this photo? IMG_3032.jpeg Yes,it was a fairly new lure,a Flicker shad. IMG_3035.jpeg While driving back home, I decided to pickup some prime rib roast and grilling 🥩 steak’s,at a Metro in Byron,on their last day of the sale,with a one limit each. Walleye would have been nice to have caught today,and I thought about buying some walleye’s there to add to my supper,but all Metro had were pickerel filets!! IMG_3051.jpeg 😱 🤷 so I settled for some snow crab legs IMG_3054.jpeg,to instead,( they were $4 off on sale ),to go along with one of the grilling steaks 🥩. 😋 Now I am wondering wether I should give the Thames River walleye fishing a break,or head out walleye fishing again tomorrow morning? I will check the weather forecast first in the morning to decide,after a good nights sleep 🛌 💤 Tight lines to All,and sweet dreams 😴!! 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 25
No it wasn’t @Fishermanpaul 😢 lol 😆 but as the saying goes,”tomorrow is another day!” 🎣🐟🤪 😉👍🙂
@Fishermanpaul and other angler’s, I am sitting here at 4:30 a.m. right now having a very early cup of coffee ☕️,( no thanks to our cat meowing),and I am wondering on wether to try my luck again on catching a Thames River walleye 🎣 today or tomorrow or both day’s. 🤔 Getting 🦨 skunked so far this year has been no fun,but I am sure loving the outdoors as always & the long hikes 🥾 🥾 to various different spot’s on the Thames River,trying to catch a walleye or two. The weather has also been ideal. Hopefully,🤞tight lines and walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎

@Fishermanpaul and other angler’s, I am sitting here at 4:30 a.m. right now having a very early cup of coffee ☕️,( no thanks to our cat meowing),and I am wondering on wether to try my luck again on catching a Thames River walleye 🎣 today or tomorrow or both day’s. 🤔 Getting 🦨 skunked so far this year has been no fun,but I am sure loving the outdoors as always & the long hikes 🥾 🥾 to various different spot’s on the Thames River,trying to catch a walleye or two. The weather has also been ideal. Hopefully,🤞tight lines and walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎
Good luck on your next trip out.

One of those anglers was Kyle,who recognized me from @stomp channel 68.

I know Kyle as well. He went out with me a couple times last year on a charter with Tom and we've fished the pier together many times. I keep in touch with him on FB. I'll let you know when I'll be going to park my butt on the pier Red and maybe the three of us can meet up down there this spring. :)

I know Kyle as well. He went out with me a couple times last year on a charter with Tom and we've fished the pier together many times. I keep in touch with him on FB. I'll let you know when I'll be going to park my butt on the pier Red and maybe the three of us can meet up down there this spring. :)
Sounds great @Trevor M 👍 and please keep me updated. 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0831.jpeg
    IMG_0831.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 8
Good luck on your next trip out.
Thanks @Tyler0420 👊 I didn’t walleye fish today,( and I easily could have ), or even tomorrow I won’t be walleye fishing either,again, I could be easily fishing tomorrow. Weekend’s I usually don’t fish at all,so sometime likely next week,I will give it another try,to catch my 1st Thames River walleye of 2024. 🎣🐟🤞

Last edited:
No luck for me either this week Red, all my usual spots. I even wore my special "lucky underwear" too, but I'm not showing anyone.
Lucky underwear too,but not showing anyone!! lol 😝 @stackman1 👊😉 Maybe soon my friend for our first walleye of 2024,and at least we are trying & enjoying the great outdoors! Tight lines & walleye ON!! 🎣🐟🤞👍😎

Of Wonder if there's any walleye out here @Red Hering
Maybe no walleye’s out there now @Fshrmn4life at Port Glasgow this time of year,but if my outboard motor wasn’t broken, I would have checked it out with my boat to find out for sure!! The walleye’s were definitely there off Port Glasgow,when @Wave Runner took me out on his boat last summer,and here’s hoping for a great walleye season on Lake Erie again in 2024!! 🚤🎣🐟
View attachment IMG_1658.mov
👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks