Mandatory Reporting

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
New for 2022, for those that fail to file their report by the deadline will pay an extra $25 for their tag in 2023. If you fail to report twice you will be declined a tag the following year.

I’m not complaining, been doing this for years. As long as people are honest the data collected should help

Can't really call that a cash grab by the MNR ? LoL ! Mind you fluffing off the Second Report is going to smart ! Much like you GPS we've always mailed in our cards as it was that final item to be checked off the "to do" list of that years hunt. Now with the bulk of the population being "online" it's not that difficult to do but there is a small percentage due to religious beliefs or economic/technically impaired reasons that still may require to send in a Report via Snail Mail. Technology is great ( when it works ) but I fear we lose a little bit of ourselves with every click of a key/button.

Amazing ...fail once ..damn you, fail twice double damn you....fail again and lets wild guess...
so what if you file 5 years and maybe 10 years....do you get a 10% discount on your next tag.......what? that's unheard of....lol what am I asking for...lol This is something our governments don't practice...

Amazing ...fail once ..damn you, fail twice double damn you....fail again and lets wild guess...
so what if you file 5 years and maybe 10 years....do you get a 10% discount on your next tag.......what? that's unheard of....lol what am I asking for...lol This is something our governments don't practice...
well this has been "mandatory" for about 3 years now... lots of time to get used to it.. its only now on the 4th year they are starting to hand out repercussions to those who do not make a report

it literally takes two minutes. when your season is done. log in at
https://www.huntandfishontario.com/
and make your report.. pretty simple. these reports benefit all of us.. yah doesnt save you any money.. but who cares

Ive filed my reports ever since they requested it. The point that i was trying to make is that as soon as you fail you get punished instead of finding other ways to motivate people to do it voluntarily.

Ive filed my reports ever since they requested it. The point that i was trying to make is that as soon as you fail you get punished instead of finding other ways to motivate people to do it voluntarily.
I hear what you’re saying, BUT we’re talking about a group of people that is responsible enough to go out and get a hunting license and likely a firearms license as well..
if you’re not capable of filing a simple report when asked maybe they shouldn’t even have their hunting/firearms license. Fairly simple task shouldn’t require extra motivation in my opinion
I also think the punishment of increasing the cost of the tag is minimal.. license suspension is pretty good motivation to file the simple report

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks