Off Topic Machines on the Ice at LPB

Schmick

What is everyone thinking about the likelihood of the ice at St Willy being machine worthy by this weekend? Ice charts show it locked right up and it should be making good ice again after tomorrow (which should crust up the snow nicely)

Good luck out there, all!

I was on my own pond yesterday with atv. Absolutely no issues. Around 5 inches of solid ice. I understand the bay a bit different and the snow didn't help but I would say safety by the weekend.

How is the snow situation? Jimmy posted a video of old cut side and with him on a snowmobile it looked awful. Not a good time for atvs. Hoping the at Williams side has less.

There was one quad out Sunday , I’m planning on taking my big hut down with my quad Friday , I’m hoping tomorrow will shrink the snow down , ice thickness is really all over the place , where it opened up during the last thaw , there’s around 5 inches but parts that didn’t open up there’s closer to 7 we found more thinner ice closer to shore where run off from the last thaw created open holes

There was one quad out Sunday , I’m planning on taking my big hut down with my quad Friday , I’m hoping tomorrow will shrink the snow down , ice thickness is really all over the place , where it opened up during the last thaw , there’s around 5 inches but parts that didn’t open up there’s closer to 7 we found more thinner ice closer to shore where run off from the last thaw created open holes
Could you let us know how it goes with the quad on Friday, was planning on taking our hut out on weekend but worried about all the snow and getting stuck with our quad

I'm heading out Friday with a quad too, huts are out so we should be fine if we don't fish to far from the main trail.
@mikererdon did you have any issues getting out? I am planning to go tomorrow morning. I guess I should ask how the fishing was too? Not that it will change my decision.

I pulled my hut out today with no problem, all I have is rear chains , the surface conditions are really nice , enough snow for sleds and not too much for atv’s even the walking conditions are good here’s enough crust in the snow to walk on top , and plenty of spots blown bare

Back