Lowrance Elite 5 - Depth Flashing

jeffbrick

Hi all,

Having some trouble with my Lowrance Elite 5. When fishing, I lose the depth and chart intermittently. It will work good for a while and then no reading. When there is no reading, the most recent depth reading flashes and the chart is blank. It keeps scrolling across the screen and then the depth and chart come back and I have a "slice" of chart until it cuts out again. Happens when on plane and when trolling. Never cuts out for more than 5 - 10 seconds. I assume I have a short in the transducer wire but open to other suggestions and looking for suggestions to fix.

Thanks in advance for suggestions,

Jeff

My older hummingbird did that but I could see green corrosion where the cable plugs into the unit after close inspection. Would do the same as you described in bigger chop but sounds like yours is all the time. I used some contact cleaner and conductive spray and it fixed it.

Make sure you are using the proper size wiring and if you can run directly to the battery. I have always been informed for fish finders going directly to the battery is best. Will the same thing happen if you’re sitting still and not trolling ? Does it happen when say lowering or bringing up a downrigger? As mentioned before check the voltage etc.

My helix7 every now again will also do that. Figured out it was the plug on the back of the unit where the transducer plug goes that caused my issue. The plug would work it's way off slightly which made a poor/loose contact. Just had to push it back in till it was flush again.

Back