Loving Erieau

Hi guys wondering if you can help me out Im looking to head down that tomorrow just wondering what the weather is looking like.
thanks for the great reports, glad to see no one holds in information.

Just a heads up for next weekend...I'll be playing on the patio with our annual Sept weekend band "The Fish Camp"..(I'm the banjo player)...with a bunch of ex-Eau patriots doing everything from Jimmy Buffet to Flatt and Scruggs. Starts at noon Sat, 3pm Sun on the deck. Drop in for a cold one or 3!!!!

the beer is good and the people are great cheers fishing is awesome as well great job erieau your on our list to move there

erie feeln , those were my exact thoughts as well. Would be an a great place to have a cottage or retire to!

Thanks Marcel.
we decided to stick close to home and fished the longpoint area fishing for anything that wanted to bite. The small mouths were hungry I figure between three guys we caught 25-30, one small tiger musky and a nice pike.
still hoping to make it to eariau before the season ends.

Thanks for starting this erie feelin!! I've been wanting to get out to erieau for a while now and finally made it out on Sunday.
fished from 8:30-5 out by the gas lines
8 walleye - released 6 of them because they were 28-30 inches.
12 bows - released all of them except 1 I could not revive
3 bass
2 sheep

25-35' down
2.9-3 on the gps was the magic speed
5 color
3 1/4" dipseys at #3 around 145' back
greasy chicken, copper riplin redfin, couple other spoons in similar color patterns

Best day on Erie this year....thanks again.

folks at marina were great as well!

my daughter and her boyfriend went there and got fish too lol my daughter caught a catfish on the dipsey and 1hr later got it in lol what a workout she said sorry no picture but im guessin 14lbs

Great fishing Master Laker. I don't like keeping 30" fish but if the box s empty it's going in it. They were shallow eh? Did you get a surface temperature? We were thinking about going to Erieau as I have never been. It sounds like a road trip may be our future and now I know where to stay.

Thanks for all the reports everyone. I had never even heard of Erieau a month ago.

we were fishing 68-74 fow running around 25-35 down. speed was important.

water temp at surface was mid to high 70's

Some great reports!

I have a question about targeting bows. Do you run strictly spoons? Any tipped with worms? Is lead behind the boat important?

I pick up the odd bow targeting eyes but never went after them specifically.

for us its long leads on riggers and dipsey 25ft down roughly all on spoons blue silver green silver speed at 3to3.3 orange crush worked well too

We ran mostly spoons, shorter leads off the riggers 30' - 50' & cheaters if your targeting bows, they are not shy of hitting stuff close to the boat. Our speed varied from 2.7 to 3.1 gps. Greasy chicken was top spoon & dark colours first thing in the morning black, purple.

Back