Looking for some bows

PlanB

Thinking of going out tomorrow would like to get into some bows, got my share of pickerel. Was thinking either Glasgow or Stanley, anybody having any luck at these spots, any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Some are getting the odd one but they aren't easy to catch with so many walleye to beat them to the lure. :)

Last year most of the bigger bows we caught or hooked and lost {not many hooked} were off of a little silver flutter spoon ran as a slider off a downrigger. The one was out of the water before we knew which rigger it was.

I havnt caught any this year. ...but in years past we went into 5-10 fow deeper than the main walleye concentration and picked up allot of bows and our largest walleye of season.

so my suggestion would be to try going out to 65 or 70 fow or wait until you have your walter limit and then move out.....nothing to loose except maybe gas....but well worth the knowledge you will gain

How’s it a giant washing machine? There’s zero wind basically. and a small amount of rain, I’m asking cause I’m gonna go after work
I was out of Bruce today in 5” waves.. it’s a SW wind so it was blowing right in. It’s suppose to calm down this afternoon though. I was off the water earlier in the day.

Back in mid to late June I was catching Bows between The Elbow and Light House in 80 feet of water, but not sure if they are still around that area right now since I haven't been out there since the end of June.

How’s it a giant washing machine? There’s zero wind basically. and a small amount of rain, I’m asking cause I’m gonna go after work

On the lake it's an inshore S wind 17kph gusting to 37 kph right at the moment according to Windy.com.

On the lake it's an inshore S wind 17kph gusting to 37 kph right at the moment according to Windy.com.
It’s pretty bumpy to say the least. I want to get out tommrow. It’s supost be blowing 18km NW. That should be an offshore wind and more then fishable?

Out at Elbow last Thursday,picked up a rainbow on worm harness. Also board one the week before on spoon .

Attachments

• IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    843.5 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the info guys, I think will give it a try out of Glasgow. Never fished there before but it sounds pretty good. Calling for a north wind half metre or less waves so should be okay. Coast watch shows some cloudy water around Stanley clearer spots near Glasgow so will give it a try there, let you know how we do.

Been out of Glasgow a bunch, that’s my home port, not all that many bows being reported and I’ve had none this year. Erieau, is where my buddies have been hitting them in the last 7days. Good luck.

A couple of fishing buddies were out by the Sandhills for perch last week and one landed a bow on a pickerel rig with a minnow in 50fow - can’t say I’ve heard of anyone doing that recently !

The rock line out of erieau is where you will find rainbows..180 degrees magnetic south from marina about 6 miles out..some people call it the horseshoe...colder water seems to concentrate there.
The rock line out of erieau is where you will find rainbows..180 degrees magnetic south from marina about 6 miles out..some people call it the horseshoe...colder water seems to concentrate there.
We are getting Bows regularly out of Nanticoke in 60-65 FOW.

Got out to Glasgow today, no bows. We fished from 55 feet to 72. 2 man walleye limit but no bows. Fish came on riggers, we were fishing them right near the bottom, looking for bows. Dipsey at number 2 setting 100 feet back, 2.5 mph plus. Purple and orange spoons, jerry lee and bloody death were the best. Best water was 60 feet plus. Lake was beautiful, nice Marina as well. Tried light tackle jigging as well, no success. I think 20180725_110119.jpgall the cold water was on the US side.

Tried Erieau twice this year, fished the point both times, Limits of walleye no bows. It's about an hour and 45 minute drive for me, Glasgow and Stanley both about an hour so a little closer. Sounds like it might be worth the extra drive though. Maybe give it another shot Sunday or Monday. Thanks

Back