Local River Report

Jay,Thanks for the update(y),and in that case,I will keep the boat out for another week or two and fish for Pike and Perch instead on Long Point Bay.The Steelhead Fishing will have to wait for the river's North of here(London),to rise first to bring in the Steelhead Runs.Tight Lines,& FISH ON!! (y)

Jay,Thanks for the update(y),and in that case,I will keep the boat out for another week or two and fish for Pike and Perch instead on Long Point Bay.The Steelhead Fishing will have to wait for the river's North of here(London),to rise first to bring in the Steelhead Runs.Tight Lines,& FISH ON!! (y)

Yep. Need to start the rain dance or we are in for a repeat of last fall. Better than being home for any "honey do" lists though. lol

I all of a sudden I feel fortunate Jay.:DLOL (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
No rain dance for me. On second week of holidays and dancing to, "I Love You Just The Way you Are". :p

Reactions: Jay
@Stick ha ha! You're hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

At least I'm getting some exercise with all the local "surveys" I'm doing. I think I'll need to change my drink from whiskey to GIN. ;)

@Stick ha ha! You're hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

At least I'm getting some exercise with all the local "surveys" I'm doing. I think I'll need to change my
drink from whiskey to GIN. ;)

Current river conditions throughout SW Ont. are testing the skills of all anglers. Experience will reign over the technology that many rely on to catch fish nowadays. (Ya I know I'm sounding like an old fart, don't care!) No matter what, if you have the chance to walk some water, it's a good day.

My luckiest day ever chasing chrome I didn't catch a fish. The Saugeen was very dirty but not quite impossible. On my way down the trail I met a man I'd seen pictures of in Ontario Fisherman Magazine. He was walking out quite early in the morning with 2 footballs for the smoker. We where complete river rookies back then so I asked him for advice.

"Come to fish the water" he said. "Fish it hard and fish it well. These are just the bonus."

Totally agree @Stick. Been on the creeks twice in the past week, walked over 15km, no fishes. Seen a few in the low water. Even saw a Northern Pike today WAY out of place. LOL!

All good. Walked lots of new water and old water I've not seen for a long time. Feeling like I'm a teenager again, less the tired legs. ;)

I'm out again Friday and Saturday with my boy, he turns 9 this week. That's his bday present. A day of steelheading....his request.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks