Little Rice

crackard420

Hey guys. Im pretty new to the marsh outside of the unit. Was out on little rice the other day and noticed a rather nice blind....I also noticed an entry prohibited sign about 25 yds east of the blind...what does this mean? Also I noticed at the point between little rice and big rice there are posts jutting out into the bay with what looks like netting on it...can anyone tell me what this was and if I can hunt farther east beyond that point (in big rice bay) thanks fellas

Crackard420,
Marsh areas outside the Long Point Waterfowl Unit are either private or Canada Wildlife Sanctuaries and are often posted as such. People do legally hunt outside the markers and some build blinds however your rights to a blind built or hunting spot in public space is always questionable unless you are there first. Many hunters do respect the claim for opening day. You may hunt outside the markers and within legal distances of shore (where rules are applicable) but not all posts are in place in the spring and summer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks