Little Rice Bay

tedward88

Planning on going out to little rice tomorrow, first time going there. anything i should know?

Watch the water level ! If it blows hard it can drop and you'll get stuck maybe. We bottomed out going in past Little Rice Point....about a foot of water. Stay outside the blue and white CWS signs !!!

Thanks for the tips, im just taking out a 12 footer launching out of the park. shouldnt be too much trouble even if the level goes down a bit.

12 footer ? They call for south-west winds at 40 klicks.What size motor do you have and what kind of load ? Another hunter ,dog,gear ? You may have to get a ways offshore to avoid the shallows and it could be choppy.

Use caution ! Two guys almost didn't make it home last year when they tried coming back from Little Rice in a 14 foot jon boat that capsized. They got lucky and were saved by a couple of expierenced Long Point hunters.

I didnt end up heading out there today, my hunting partner forgot to get his migratory license :(. But i appreciate the advice. Any information about hunting Hahn's marsh? Is it worth going to?

The Hahn is a mud hole. You won't get anywhere in it.

BD

They say you can judge a man by his enemies. Pleas don't judge me by the vocal one on here! LMAO

I think she would be a very tough go for no birds, good luck if you do go.

BD

Posted - 08/17/2012 : 20:23:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BD, I wouldn't bother trying to explain simple logic to a pair of jackasses like **** & duckman. You can't fix stupid! I mean they're obviously a pair of illiterate rednecks from ****ville down somewhere in the swamps of Louisiana. :D

Stick to perch fishing dave you know nothing about duck hunting. Ted a 12 foot boat is not big enough to go out to little rice if the wind is not blowing you can do it but the weather on the lake can change even when not forecasted maybe try the unit that is where a lot of guys start hunting long point then expand from there good luck you will fall in love with everything here.

I haven't hunted the bay this year but heed Old Cut LP advice. The water is lower than I have ever seen it here. There was a mud flat off the causeway for 100yds today.

BD

Posted - 08/17/2012 : 20:23:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BD, I wouldn't bother trying to explain simple logic to a pair of jackasses like **** & duckman. You can't fix stupid! I mean they're obviously a pair of illiterate rednecks from ****ville down somewhere in the swamps of Louisiana. So please keep up your posts for those who can appreciate them.

Oh I am sorry DuckmAn, I shouldn't reply to a guy that the Hahn is a mudhole and to heed somone elses advice?

I know you like to attack me and it is OK, you look like the fool you are when you do. Keep it up though, you are amusing.

Sorry to rob the thread Ted.

BD

Must be bored dave tried to help Ted was responding to you calling out your so called friend on a public forum if you would like to discuss in person I'm at the waterfowl unit every weekend but if you call me a jackass through someone else's post I know where you live to and can come discuss everything with you as well your choice.

I ve been to the unit a couple of times, hunted the walk in blinds,mostly number 4. i ve been out on Erie quite a few times, i know how bad it can get fast. I wont be going out on a windy day for sure lol. Just want to try my luck at little rice see if i have better luck.

Another option is B zone. It can be good, is easilly acessible in a small boat and a good set of waders.

There have been both geese and ducks there the last while but even it is low on water.

BD

These are the discussions I really hate to see on the Board. I know it is here to share information but We must be so careful on how that information is interupted.

Just because person X goes to place Y in equipment Z does not ever mean that it is a safe or effective thing for everyone that reads this in the World Wide Web to do. This is why I never tell anyone I do not know the where's and when's of what I do on the Bay. It might and probably will do someone a disservice or endanger their lives. Long Point is a fickle place. One minute everything is roses and gravey....the next it will hit you so hard and fast that even the most savey of experianced Long Point Hunters and Bay Men are looking to save themselves as compaired to simply having fun on the bay. There are dozens of stories just like OCLP suggested where even life long residences have had to come to each others aid when the evilness of our environment got them. Even the inside of the marsh of the unit can be an unforgiving place. Stuck in the mud in your waders with the water rising is a humbling experiance.

So...please be careful with information. Please be careful accepting information. Be safe....that one mistake could be your last.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks