Lighthouse

erie feeln

Heard a lot of chatter on the radio about some good catching at the lighthouse, eyes, bows and salmon.
Elbow for us was dead except for silver bass...lots of them. Might hit the lighthouse tomorrow.
Any advise? ;)

Lmfao!! Maybe more then one. Sorry I don't know long point area well. Only really ever fished bruce, burwell, and dover

We fished 55-70'contours on the elbow and south yesterday lots of eyes and a few steelhead. Lots of warm water , fish were deep!

Lmfao!! Maybe more then one. Sorry I don't know long point area well. Only really ever fished bruce, burwell, and dover
Well @perch420, many of the over 50, own the lake club, used to fish the lighthouse pretty hard, so it's well known to us :oldman: oldtimers... had to spend a TON on gas back in the day to get out there, but it was great fun, salmon, walleye, trout, both 'bows and lakers...

Sounds like lots of selection! !! Salmon in erie though?? Are there many of them around or is that pretty much a lost fishery?

Never fished the lighthouse. Do walleye go deep? Over 100 feet? I know they suspend but I am wondering how deep they go.

Sounds like lots of selection! !! Salmon in erie though?? Are there many of them around or is that pretty much a lost fishery?
The U.S. used to put them in and they would swim to the depths of Long Point and we would catch them (some of us more than others). I think the U.S. all but stopped stocking salmon, and now too maybe rainbow? Still some around but not like the good ole days... which is why you don't hear much about the light these days. Too far to go for walleye and rainbow and maybe not as many there as at Bruce and Burwell. Still big lake trout out there tho'.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks