Fishing Report Lighthouse June 25th

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The weather forecast for the weekend was way off again. We did our annual one day for smallies on Opening day. Netted only 1 and lost one, that didn’t break my heart.

Sunday it was off the lighthouse for the first trip this year. Got set up near the well head marker and with in 10 mins had one in the live well. Took it off the downriggers at 125’ back and 30’ down on a yalaeye minnow body bait in 70’ of water. Worked the area hard and nothing else produced.
Set the auto pilot and headed for the Elbow working depths from 60-90’.
Had a dipsy hit that peeled line before it tripped and lost it. Probably was a bow.
Tried different spoons and body baits and then it happened again off the downrigger. Another walleye, same body bait and depth again but in 90’ of water.
That body bait seemed to be working and a good thing I have more than just one of that colour in the tackle box.
With in 15 mins dipsy goes off and another walleye in the livewell. Dipsy at 125 back on #3 setting in 70’ of water in the Elbow
For the first trip out this year I was happy to boat 3 and decided to come in.
Forgot to mention, water temp at 30’ was a cool temp of 60-61 degrees
IMG_5670.jpegIMG_5675.jpegIMG_5676.jpeg

Last edited:
yes it was a great day to be on the water at the elbow ,I took a newbie out and now he's spoiled:).We ended up with seven Rainbow -Six walleye. Greasy chicken wing did the damage ,back 60 on Dipsy diver,60 to 70 feet of water .Down rigger down 60 with slider taking rainbow mooselook thinfish spoon .Got two at once my thank to net man ! gps 2.6 -just did circles around baits

https://www.glspoons.com/product-page/greasy-chicken-wing-copper

How are you letting @Brandon S catch more walleye than you @Three Bouys?
Letting him play catch up @stomp 😂. I’ll clean what ever he brings in rather than him butchering them. I will admit this being his first year he is doing very well. His Bankes boat is set up pretty good at a low cost compared to my Wellcraft. His fuel consumption is a fraction of what I burn.

Letting him play catch up @stomp 😂. I’ll clean what ever he brings in rather than him butchering them. I will admit this being his first year he is doing very well. His Bankes boat is set up pretty good at a low cost compared to my Wellcraft. His fuel consumption is a fraction of what I burn.
Well, I'm sure the Wellcraft is a helluva lot more comfortable @Three Bouys, and it has a superior sound system. 3 fresh walleye are more than enough for the table!:)

Back