Lets see your first boat.

@big rod I must have deleted the videos but I did find a few pictures of the side by side comparison.

Dec122015 219.jpg

Dec122015 220.jpg

Dec122015 221.jpg

Thank goodness for progressive improvement.

Any tips on keeping dandelions to a minimum on my lawn? Whats the best line to use on Lake Erie?

Par 3 for weed control. ?

You can't find it in stores, get buddy buddy with a golf course or someone who can buy it and get yourself a little bottle of it.

Really good stuff.

Edit: it's available on Amazon surprisingly enough.

Just got a call letting me know I can get my boat out of storage anytime now. A little bit happier. :)

Here it is the day my son and I purchased it, and along with my neighbour's help and truck, brought it home.

View attachment 22907
Nice well kept boat there "trucker" and hopefully we'll all be back on the water soon. (y) ;)

Hey @Stick how do you maneuver those log jams with the boat,,, that minn kota blast through them...????
I used to just jump over logs and most beaver dams on the rivers up north moose hunting with my 18 ft. Kevlar freighter canoe with a 9.9 hp Merc. However I wouldn't suggest @Stick try that with his boat I don't think he would like the result. ?

moose canoe 001.jpg

Hey @Stick how do you maneuver those log jams with the boat,,, that minn kota blast through them...????
Brute force and finesse. I put eyebolts through the upper rail and threaded rope around the perimeter for something to grab ahold of and be able to lift and drag over or through the knarly stuff. She's close to 300 pounds loaded. I just rebuilt motor #3 and bought a new one from the creek when we snapped the output shaft that morning. Paul walked about a mile back to his truck and drove to my place to grab the spare in my basement while I guarded the boat and kept fishing. Unfortunately, that was the last boat trip we would ever take together and she hasn't been in the water since.IMG_20200509_112801.jpg

The armature now hangs above my rod rack in the garage as a reminder of that last adventure.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks