Leamington eyes

Maestrolaker

Hello all. I'm thinking of heading out to Leamington Friday morning for some walleye.

I've never fished the area before and would appreciate any info anyone on the site is willing to share.

Where are you launching from?

Some rough ideas on where to start fishing.

What's working?

Thanks,

Maestrolaker

My father and I fish Leamington in the month of June. The most productive sets were 2oz Bottom bouncers and harnesses and 2oz inline keel weights and harnesses on in-line planers. We trolled around 1.9 to 2.2 MPH on the GPS. We fish out of Leamington Harbour and usually travel straight to the point and troll north and south. If I could give you some advice .... target 20 to 25ft down in 34-36FOW. Deep HJ-12's back 90ft-120ft caught us a few also. Hope this helps....Good luck!

Eriebuoy is right on....you will see where the cottages end about halfway out the point (4 miles out), that is a good place to start and troll N-S out to the point and back. If the winds don't work for that you can also head west of port about 2 miles and troll parallel with the North shore in an East-West pattern in front of the water tower. I would target 32-36 fow and anywhere from 15-25 down. Inlines are very good with green or purple harnesses, deep diving cranks (reefrunners, or rapala tail dancers or similar) and 3 colours of leadcore also worked well a couple of weeks ago when we were down. Bottom bouncers are very good earlier in the season but the fish seem to up off the bottom as the season progresses. Leamington Harbour is the best launch but you can also launch at Kingsville, Cedar Beach, or Colchester if you really want to fish further West.

Back