Leadcore backing question

Irish1983

Is it possible to get someone to take leadcore off my reel and put more backing on seems like I don't have enough backing. Bought a pre spooled reel and seems to be short on backing. Or do I need to get all new backing lead and leader. Where to go to get it spooled??

That, or, take it to Angler outfitters' in Woodstock, they will spool you up correctly with exactly what you need.

Hey @Irish1983 What size of reel is it , 30 or 45 series. what type of backing , how many colors?. I use 45 series reels. I usually put on 75-100' of mono backer to prevent line spin on spool. Then 450' of braid , then my colors followed with a 50' fluor leader. With the bigger reel I can run 30# line and 27#lead. good for salmon as well!
I put the line on in reverse first to allow me to adjust backer length to fill reel.
Then If you have to similar reels just wind it on to the other reel.If not a battery drill and empty 400 yrd spools will come in handy.Write it down to avoid the reverse load process again. I like a full spool for the extra retrieve rate for those long lead lines. Netknots.com shows u how to join lines if that's new to you.
Knots take practice but grab a beer and enjoy riggin your own gear.I do!! .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks