Fishing Report Late Fishing Report. Port Burpwell- 0ct. 2-23.

walleyeman

Made the short-trek from Burlington to Port Burwell today for one LAST-kick of the can! Was a beautiful sunny morning to be on the water with a good friend of mine who retired when I did that's why I like to fish now on the Weekdays. Left Big Otter at 6;45 AM. went straight out to 40 FT. of water and dropped lines at 7. Was a little east of the port using Big Dipsey's back 90ft. with the Ring on- using Silver Streak Pink Panties Spoons and The other Rod had same Dipsey set-up only 95FT. back and R.R.F. Gold/ Black. Picked up 4 fish right away and said to my friend -let's try out at 45 ft. So went out to 45 and Bango! Screen lit up! Stayed there for rest of the time and caught our last 8 there. We were also AMAZED of how many throwbacks we had for the day! What a fantastic fishery we have here in our own backyard. I'm very positive for our future for Lake Erie and hope 2024 will be the same! Cheers everyone and Good Fishin! Now hoping to get into some Perch fishing out of Long Point Bay. Take care everyone- Walleyeman.

Made the short-trek from Burlington to Port Burwell today for one LAST-kick of the can! Was a beautiful sunny morning to be on the water with a good friend of mine who retired when I did that's why I like to fish now on the Weekdays. Left Big Otter at 6;45 AM. went straight out to 40 FT. of water and dropped lines at 7. Was a little east of the port using Big Dipsey's back 90ft. with the Ring on- using Silver Streak Pink Panties Spoons and The other Rod had same Dipsey set-up only 95FT. back and R.R.F. Gold/ Black. Picked up 4 fish right away and said to my friend -let's try out at 45 ft. So went out to 45 and Bango! Screen lit up! Stayed there for rest of the time and caught our last 8 there. We were also AMAZED of how many throwbacks we had for the day! What a fantastic fishery we have here in our own backyard. I'm very positive for our future for Lake Erie and hope 2024 will be the same! Cheers everyone and Good Fishin! Now hoping to get into some Perch fishing out of Long Point Bay. Take care everyone- Walleyeman.
Was really foggy when we left Big Otter at 8 and stayed that way most of morning. It was a flat day out there too.45-47 was our hot spot just west of Burwell.We got our limit and was a fantastic way to finish .

Was really foggy when we left Big Otter at 8 and stayed that way most of morning. It was a flat day out there too.45-47 was our hot spot just west of Burwell.We got our limit and was a fantastic way to finish .
Was that Monday or today. The fog wasn't too bad for us on Monday. Very respectable winds out of the North-East Monday morning. Then died/ changed out of the north for a bit. Still- a beauty day to be out on the water. Lets hope for these nice days to stay. I know cooler temps are on the horizon with much needed rain. I believe after this weekend will be nice. I'd like to get out 1 more time for Perch at Collins!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks