Lake Whittaker

Houndogger

Anyone know if lake Whittaker is still frozen over? Looking to take the canoe out for a bit.
Thanks in advance.

I think some of it is still n do u know what kind of fish are in there

I haven't fished Lake Whittaker since I was a kid, but way back then, and we're talking at least 40 years ago now, all I ever caught was Yellow Perch, Bass, and Sunfish, all small, but I found this that might answer your question.
Description for Lake Whittaker, Middlesex County, Ontario
"Fishermen will find a variety of fish including largemouth bass, sunfish, smallmouth bass, northern pike, brown trout, lake trout, bream, bluegill, perch and crappie here."

Last time I was out there was a couple years ago now, my wife and I went out for a walk in the fall and we saw lots of small pan fish in the shallows by the east shore around the "beach" and campsites, and I've heard rumor that they stocked it with Rainbows at one point, but I've never heard of lakers, or browns being caught there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks