Lake Ontario July 31

rockin-steelhead

Couldn’t decide on Erie or Ontario and turned around at Highway 2 and headed to Ontario for a late afternoon evening run. My wife is with me and we have never landed a fish when she’s been in the boat. We have hooked some but never landed and that changed today. Water is cold there for sure mid 50’s in 160fow and even cooler inside of that. First fish was around 3lbs and she fought it and landed. Next one was around 2lbs but the last one was a good one. She fought it for awhile while I cleared lines and after a good fight and three good runs with it taking at least 150 feet of line on each run we got it in the boat, a nice fish just over 16lbs. Water temp from 40-60 was 40-42 for the most part.

Attachments

• B28640D0-F38C-4F8A-B019-9A2B157BBE1C.jpeg
    B28640D0-F38C-4F8A-B019-9A2B157BBE1C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Awesome! Where did you go out of? How many feet of water? How deep were you set? Heading to Oakville Bronte this weekend! Sounds hot! Any info would be appreciated!

I launched out of Lake Front Promenade. We fished between 150-180 as I was trying to find at least 56-58 on the surface. Warmest we found between 40-60 at the ball was 41. Two fish on the riggers and one on dipsey and all on spoons.

Water is very cold this month and the fish are higher in the water column. Last week we were in Burlington in around 120-160 fow. Using flasher and flies at 55ft and 65ft. with cheater lines. Also had fish on 10 colour lead core with spoons. Had 2 fish hit the wire dipsy #1 out 225ft. All 4 rods took on fish. Good luck. Lots of fish out there from rainbows, cohos and big kings.

Back