Lake Ontario info

Chris D

Looking for peoples feedback on where the closest marina to try some salmon fishing out of lake Ontario. Just bought my first downrigger and hoping to learn a bit without fighting parking spots problems and long line up if it can be helped. Coming from London way. Don't mind paying to park just hoping for a change of scenery.

Fishermans Pier in Burlington is an easy spot to launch from. It is directly below the skyway bridge and costs $15 to launch & park.

I'm from Hamilton and I drive to St.Catherines fish and game in Port Dalhousie. 4 great ramps lots of parking if you are there early,15 bucks. Fishing grounds are right there, The Niagara bar, the Welland canal and it gets deep fast. Hamilton has a a good ramp with good parking under the Skyway bridge. Fisherman's pier It was 20 bucks the last time I used it. Its a short run to Bronte. Have not fished that area in a long time.

What are the best ramps down London way? I have been doing a trip to Leemington for the past few years for Walleyes and love that marina. How is Port Stanley or Bruce. I will be trying Burwell in a week. Hope the fish are there.

Looking for peoples feedback on where the closest marina to try some salmon fishing out of lake Ontario. Just bought my first downrigger and hoping to learn a bit without fighting parking spots problems and long line up if it can be helped. Coming from London way. Don't mind paying to park just hoping for a change of scenery.
Closets for you is Hamilton fisherman's park under the lift bridge
Best aria as of last weekend for fishing was out of Oakville shipyard park and ramp is open "see my post on it from last Saturday "
Bronte is open a bit closer but you have to travel on water further, credit boat launch is closed due to high water, Promenade boat launch is open but reports as of last weekend were not as good
Best was for us 110'-140' fow 60'-90' down and as well the cheaters did well
Most productive were spoons but bigg fish came on spindoctor/ fly combo out of Oakville
Talked one of the charter guys they fished out in 200' fow hooked a lot of fish but he said they were hitting short causing bad landing ratio
Bring boots if you go to Hamilton dock and ramp flooded as of last week
Lots of parking at Oakville and Promenade $20 for parking and launch fee
Lots of large debris out in the lake take caution also with high water and if winds pushing from East it will be hard to see the break wall by the ligthhouse as you coming in if waves as large
Good luck
PS : if you go on the weekend watch out for the soil boat armada I carry airhorn because they don't seem to look where they going had two of them just keep coming at us head on although we did change course 4 times to avoid them ??????????????

Attachments

• 20190601_055413.jpg
    20190601_055413.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190601_055409.jpg
    20190601_055409.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34
Great feedback thank you. I'll prices the comments at take the advice for sure.. wish me luck.

Jaymag I use Bruce as it's the closest to me at North Erie Marina. Always well organized and ready to lend a hand.. walleye fishing will be hot over the next couple weeks if it ain't already. Got a couple last week testing out the boat. As for Burwell never had an issue with any of the marinas and fishing has always been decent to awesome after mid June. Parking and lauch generally 10 bucks unless it's changed this year.

Lake Front Promenade is free. I launched there last Friday without any issues. Fishing was slow but did manage to put one in the boat. As things warm up this launch will get busy later in the day so may take awhile to get boat out.
I do like the Oakville launch and to me it’s better than Bronte.
As for Erie, I would launch out of Burwell as that area seems to have fished better than Bruce from my understanding.
I am hoping to get out Friday morning on Lake O, just not sure what area as yet.

Lake Front Promenade is free. I launched there last Friday without any issues. Fishing was slow but did manage to put one in the boat. As things warm up this launch will get busy later in the day so may take awhile to get boat out.
As for Erie, I would launch out of Burwell as that area seems to have fished better than Bruce from my understanding.
I am hoping to get out Friday morning on Lake O, just not sure what area as yet.
@rockin-steelhead good luck on Friday
I'm heading out Saturday
Let as know how you do

The guy I was suppose to go with Friday cannot go now as he has a funeral to attend so not too sure if I will go solo or see if I can fill the spot.

@rockin-steelhead good luck on Friday
I'm heading out Saturday
Let as know how you do

The promenade is free until " THE SALMON HUNT STARTS … then they charge.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks