Fishing Report Lake Ontario day 2

Ticker

took one of my friend out on lake Ontario today, its his first time fishing for salmon
I think his hooked now , took him 25 minutes to get his first fish in , was another great day with around 20 fish in the boat ,same program as yesterday
20200718_053021.jpg
20200718_142219.jpg20200718_142348.jpg

Which area did you fish? We fished between fisherman's pier and Bronte today and only got 6 jacks and one decent size rainbow... Almost nothing on the screen.

Out of Oakville
Between Oakvile and port Credit in 100 to 160 fow best was again 100 to 130, 40 to 60 down on riggers
Two dipsy set back 95 and 115
We were on the water by 4:30 am first fish at 4:45 am and non stop till around 7:00 am
Only marked a couple bait balls and few hooks , but I think they come in from the side to take the bait
Marked lots in 60 fow bait and hooks , seen a few boats in the area but we never tried
Best was paddle with herring strip on rigger than dipsy with spindoctor/ fly
Spoons took some fish , switched to leadcore 8 colors end of day around 10:00 got a few rainbows
We did get about 5 jacks as well , and a few nice coho

I meant 20 fishes take a lot of room and weight. Where did keep them. In livewell or cooler?
Catch and release all except 3 that took it too deep and gills were damaged, bleeding badly would of not survive
See picture , I use this device to clamp to the mouth and put on a rope till revived , works good , I think its better way than torpedo them back in the water , had to turn around and picked fish up in the past as they just floated up after release, now it does not happen that aften 20200717_080431.jpg

Catch and release all except 3 that took it too deep and gills were damaged, bleeding badly would of not survive
See picture , I use this device to clamp to the mouth and put on a rope till revived , works good , I think its better way than torpedo them back in the water , had to turn around and picked fish up in the past as they just floated up after release, now it does not happen that aften View attachment 25164
What's the brand of the lip grip or clamp that you use?

See picture , I use this device to clamp to the mouth and put on a rope till revived , works good , I think its better way than torpedo them back in the water , had to turn around and picked fish up in the past as they just floated up after release, now it does not happen that aften View attachment 25164

nice to learn how to release . Last week released one and noticed it did not move with head stick out of water. So I turned around and tried to recover the fish but lost track.

Fantastic fishing, photos and report as usual @Ticker! (y) Now you done it, he's totally hooked and you won't be able to keep that young man out of the boat. :p Gosh you got to love it though! :D

Fantastic fishing, photos and report as usual @Ticker! (y) Now you done it, he's totally hooked and you won't be able to keep that young man out of the boat. :p Gosh you got to love it though! :D
Thanks 😊 @Wave Runner
I had him out with me on Erie for perch in the spring and for walleye last year , we were scheduled to fish Erie but due to wind forecast I did not want to take the 2 hour drive each way and maybe not able to get out , there is still lots of time left for that this season, so I told him let's go after fish thats fights
He could not believe the power of the salmon and size , He said " people told him before how long it takes to get a salmon in the boat and he thought they exaggerating, now his a believer "
The impression 😱😱on his face was priceless when the salmon took first run and peeled out 400 feet of line
I love putting my friends on fish , its an award itself for me seeing them excited 🙂 and having a blast

Thanks 😊 @Wave Runner
I had him out with me on Erie for perch in the spring and for walleye last year , we were scheduled to fish Erie but due to wind forecast I did not want to take the 2 hour drive each way and maybe not able to get out , there is still lots of time left for that this season, so I told him let's go after fish thats fights
He could not believe the power of the salmon and size , He said " people told him before how long it takes to get a salmon in the boat and he thought they exaggerating, now his a believer "
The impression 😱😱on his face was priceless when the salmon took first run and peeled out 400 feet of line
I love putting my friends on fish , its an award itself for me seeing them excited 🙂 and having a blast
Agree nothing in fresh water fights like a king salmon. Fished them since the mid 70s but haven't been down in at least 6 years. Getting up at 3am to make the 2 1/2 hour trek seems kind of tough go for me anymore. Sure would love to tie into one of those line screamers again, it's a hoot. 🥰😀

Agree nothing in fresh water fights like a king salmon. Fished them since the mid 70s but haven't been down in at least 6 years. Getting up at 3am to make the 2 1/2 hour trek seems kind of tough go for me anymore. Sure would love to tie into one of those line screamers again, it's a hoot. 🥰😀
fished them as well back in the 80's on a charter out of Bronte----no second guessing when they hit---guy I used put us on bows---what a rush they are

Looking at some of the photo's of the salmon being caught lately, and not just from this site, I thought I was looking at catches from back home...the Queen Charlotte's! Damn!!! Those are some nice fish, and from Lake O! Wow! I have never fished Lake O but now as I jumped from a 17' to 24' boat, it is surely on my must do list.
Awesome job ticker!!!👍👍

Looking at some of the photo's of the salmon being caught lately, and not just from this site, I thought I was looking at catches from back home...the Queen Charlotte's! Damn!!! Those are some nice fish, and from Lake O! Wow! I have never fished Lake O but now as I jumped from a 17' to 24' boat, it is surely on my must do list.
Awesome job ticker!!!👍👍
I'm in a 17.5 boat no problem fishing in very comfortable for 2 , it is tight for 3
But got to keep eye on weather and pick the days

Ticker, where did you put in and what rigging are you using...riggers, dipsey's, boards? All my rigging is back in B.C. so considering this boat is my latest ( Ont.) acquisition, I will have to re-rig the boat prior to heading to Lake O. Heck...it's only money...right? Besides, ya can't put a price on fighting and landing a couple of big pissed off Kings!
Thanks ticker, any info will be very helpful.

Ticker, where did you put in and what rigging are you using...riggers, dipsey's, boards? All my rigging is back in B.C. so considering this boat is my latest ( Ont.) acquisition, I will have to re-rig the boat prior to heading to Lake O. Heck...it's only money...right? Besides, ya can't put a price on fighting and landing a couple of big pissed off Kings!
Thanks ticker, any info will be very helpful.
North shore Oakville
I run all of them riggers, dipsy, leadcore , inline boards with clip on weight
But dipsy and riggers used the most
Dipsy is great first in the morning, riggers typically work all day
Mine are Canon manuals with 12 pounds pancake

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks