Off Topic Lake O water levels are not good

jrr

I do think this is a problem with all the lobbying to 'do something' that ignored the fact that stuff might change naturally. They kept the gates open and now the levels are historically low on Lake 0:

That rapid change will not be good for spring spawn fish.

It looks like they are holding the flow back into Lake ontario.

1616602732960.png

Lake Ontario's drop is due to increased flood concern causing them to lower levels on the lake in anticipation of spring flooding. Due to relatively low precip and snowpack over the winter months levels are way down. They will rebound in the coming months as they always do in the spring.

The fish will be fine. Problems arise when levels drop after the spawn leaving beds high and dry. The only species that may experience a slight negative impact will be pike having a little less marsh to spawn in.

Josh

Protect one lake level but screw up 4 other lake levels it makes little sense to me. People on Lake Erie are losing shoreline like never before,I see property owners reinforcing break walls that were fully functional years before but now can barely contain the storm surge of a day like yesterday. If someone is going to mess with the lake levels maybe someone can pony up some cash to the property owners that are spending huge money to protect their shoreline. But it won’t happen

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks