Fishing Report Lake O Hamilton, Sun April 4

Jsyangyu

Today my friend and me decided try our luck at Hamilton where is kind of home base for him. Trolled between 50’ and 130’, very quiet. Only one bite around 4pm at 80’ from downrigger of 40’ . first fish for us this year.

actually it's my friend's harvest.

to be honest, it's bit shame to say loudly, I went to same port with vmuravin same day (Mar 27th Saturday). he got beyond limit, I got no fish but lost a lure.

Yea but @vmuravin is a парень, который хорошо разбирается в том, что он делает.

Hey @Jsyangyu ! If you look at my report you will see that I was in 40 fow. So assuming @Wildfire will the handle the linguistics (he is right btw :)) a few questions come up in regards to your setup, i.e. is 1) what is the bait you used and 2) what was the trolling speed you were riding at?

yes, I wish I got chance ready your report that day. I was trolling 70-80', spoons with downrigger or dipsy. @vmuravin.
you know first day on the water, everything is out of order.

I just went by my 2020 route and it worked out. Many boats are trolling for browns but I felt like I would suck fishing for browns, so I said it probably ok if I skip browns fishing for another 1-2 seasons. I went a little out. Got to 40fow, saw fish marks, and threw whatever I had at them. Then made multiple passes through that area, approximately between Grimsby and the 50 point buoy. Careful there is a "danger area" on the map and I think it is a shooting range :) . Cowbells/dodgers on riggers (don't put cowbell on dipsy) and spoons on planers.

It gets better every season. This is my 3rd. Pay attention to little details such as length of leaders, trolling speed, colors of spoons, all these little presentation "diversities" play together.... You know as someone says, "Diversity is our strength!" :)

Last edited:
that day on the water, I did hear noise like someone play fire cracks. it was so dense I could not believe it's from gun fire. if it was, must be a lot of money burnt for the ammo.
for me the dangerous is the the depth dramatic changing zone. it's how I lost my champion spoon.

There is a Canadian Armed Forces firing range .3 nm east of the channel. That firing range is marked with YELLOW spar buoys and 2 Fl YELLOW lights at the north end. When the range is flying a RED flag, it is forbidden to enter, pass through or anchor in area inside the buoys.
thanks, good to know that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks