Fishing Report Lake O, April 4

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This is going to be a f$$$$ng great season, people!!! Forans Marine is hot at 40 fow! All fish 15-20 down, all lakers.

5 double-headers are WAY BETTER than one 4x header!

Currently boxed 11, reeling in the last one, lost 4. One of the losses I THINK was a steelhead based on how he fought.

Have a Happy Easter ladies and gentlemen!

Attachments

• 20210404_095847.jpg
    20210404_095847.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 81
I still don't have a boat. :(

Will be heading down for a drive soon just to have a look..

Spent an hour trolling in 50-70 fow, water temp 38.6, marked 2 fish at 20 ft, no bites. Will go home with well-deserved 4-man limit of lakers. 2 of the lakers spewed some sort of bait fish, grey color. Does it mean anything yet for salmon or we have a few weeks ahead?

This is going to be a f$$$$ng great season, people!!! Forans Marine is hot at 40 fow! All fish 15-20 down, all lakers.

Currently boxed 11, reeling in the last one, lost 4. One of the losses I THINK was a steelhead based on how he fought.

Great catch! Any issues with finding parking at Forans? Is the ramp open 24/7?

May be I like them? Why can't you say that word in English?

I don't care if sone people use the Russian word to make a really stupid point... there is no жлобство in any of this

Last edited:

Happy Easter Vlad. At least now I know where I could go to get into some lakers IF I could cast that far :ROFLMAO:

I still don't have a boat. :(

Will be heading down for a drive soon just to have a look..
I don't have a boat either. I drove down to Pt Bruce with my wife a couple weeks ago just for a look. Can't bring myself to go again yet tho knowing it's going to be at least another couple weeks before I'll be ready to put a line in and right now, the gate to the pier is closed and the sign says the same. Sure hope it's not going to be a repeat of last year where they don't open it until June with the threat of tickets if you ignore the closed sign.

Happy Easter everyone. I just don't get what's the problem with this post or me some people have? So what if I am a rookie fisherdude that has a blast few fishing trips and I am sharing the joy. Nothing else. Don't like that I am taking lake trout? Sorry, can't help it. We cure it for 3 days and deep freeze afterwards for some time and cold smoke. Have a good one everyone. Cheers.

Happy Easter everyone. I just don't get what's the problem with this post or me some people have? So what if I am a rookie fisherdude that has a blast few fishing trips and I am sharing the joy. Nothing else. Don't like that I am taking lake trout? Sorry, can't help it. We cure it for 3 days and deep freeze afterwards for some time and cold smoke. Have a good one everyone. Cheers.
If you are having fun doing what you are doing don’t stop. Enjoy your time on the water. And thank you for sharing. Happy Easter and keep the post’s coming.

Happy Easter to you too Vlad and just ignore the negative posts Fishing is supposed to be fun so just enjoy. 🎣👍😀

Mercury in great lakes fish is rising. And although they claim to not know why, its very simple IMO. Filter feeding Zebra and Quagga mussels are being eaten by Gobies which are in turn becoming a favorite meal of sport fish, particularly Lake Trout on Lake Ontario. This is leading to an increase of Mercury moving back up the food web.

There is no way of preparing or cooking a fish to reduce methylmercury. Mercury poisoning is a very real thing. Ive known people that have been diagnosed with it and its not fun. To each their own, but you wont catch me eating those greaseballs...

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks