Lake Erie Winds?

Corey06

How where the winds out there today, and was it rough? I wanted to get out fishing this weekend but with looking at the forecast Friday morning it was looking like it was going to be windy so I opted to work this weekend since I only have an 17.5' Princecraft and don't like to get stuck out there in the big rollers (passengers tend to get sea sick.) I have the option to get Wednesday off but of course there calling for 30 km/h winds go figure. It's hard to say how the lake will be tomorrow, otherwise I would try and skip out of work and hit the water. Any info on how today was would be appreciated. Thanks

I spoke with John from Hotlinefishing in Bruce this afternoon and he said it was a little rough out there this morning. I spent rest of the day on the beach in Burwell and there definatley was a chop with the wind coming from erie way.

sailflow showing e/ne winds 10-15km sunday....not overly familiar with Erie but is this going to make it unfishable at burwell or bruce? I was hoping to get on water and have some fun with the family but if its going to be too rough I might hold off.

any advice/feedback would be appreciated...I'm not worried about a little chop...I have an 18' whaler, but hoping it will be manageable and enjoyable

just an opinion, if windfinder is bang on, i would think its going to be quite nice till later in the afternoon, and even then with the wind coming over the shore it still may not stir things up too much.

I was out at Burwell today fishing perch south of the silver barn in 48 ft of water. Went out around 11:30 am and fished till 4:30 pm. I have a 16.5 ft with a 40 hp and it was a bit rough heading out but the lake calmed down a bit and the ride back in was fine just took our time so we did not get wet. Brought the riggers and dipseys but ran out of time to head out to the deeper water. Perch were biting not stop for us. Kept 70 between two of us but caught way more than that. We would have easily headed out deeper if we had more time. Not sure if this helps you out at all. Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks