Off Topic Lake Erie water level 2024 ?

Old Cut LongPointer

After reading about the "boat launches" I went looking for water level predictions for this year at all the usual sites ( NOAA, Army Corps. Engineers, Environment Canada, Oceans & Fisheries, etc., etc.,) and best I can figure is we will be a bit lower ( 2 to 3 inches or possibly 6 inches) than last year. This could be in part to the weather predication for a warmer , drier Spring and lack of snow pack further North and of course lack of ice coverage. Also by looking at the trends on the graphs we could be on a downward slope or at the least level off for a few years until we spike again ?

Old cut
After record highs 5 yrs ago things have to decline. You are rt the IJC predictions i see show a slight decline from last yr. The great lakes take yrs to go up or down and we are in a decline for awhile.

We certainly don't need high water again nor do we want levels like back in the dirty 30's but I remember walking out to #17 blind back in the early 60's in just my little gumboots. Before you know it we will be dredging the channels again. LoL !

I for one will appreciate having a little more beach this year if the predictions are true. Last few years the water has been within 10' of our breakwalls

Our waterfront cottage in Parry Sound has lost about 12-24 inches of depth in front of it. I have to push our dock out with another 12 feet of walkway from the shore to protect the dock floaters from hitting the rocks. A nice $3,500 surprise this year. I agree, we are in for lower water levels right through the great lakes. Huron and Erie for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks