King Starboard AS Marine boat flooring

• Thread starter whitetailhunter
  • Start date
W

whitetailhunter

@Stick started a thread on flooring options for a boat and this product came up in the discussion. Just for anyone who may interested in a boat flooring that is slip resistant, virtually timeless and practically indestructible I'm passing on the information. I contacted the supplier here in Kitchener regarding pricing and listed it below.

STARBOARD AS
1/2" thick x 54” x 96” sheets - $259.25 ea.
(compare that to the cost and work of marine marine-grade plywood once it's resin coated and carpeted and still has neither the strength or durability)

He told me he has a few ¾" thick 54" x 96" sheets in Dolphin Grey colour in stock in Kitchener – these sheets are left over from a previous job and are available for $269.00 ea while they last. They will also cut custom sizes or cut the regular size sheets to any size you want.

Colours in either dot or diamond tread design
king-starboard-as-colors_2.jpg

King Starboard AS
http://www.kingplastic.com/products/all-products/king-starboard-family/king-starboard-as/
kingstarboardas-ladder.jpg

Canadian Supplier
Wim Leenders | Branch Manager

Piedmont Plastics | 550 Trillium Dr. Unit 8 | Kitchener Ont. N2R 1K3
Phone: 519.725.6111 | Toll Free: 888.669.8922 | Fax: 519.725.6115
Email: wleenders@piedmontplastics.com | Website: www.piedmontplastics.com

WTH thats nice stuff to work with, but for walking on bare foot it hurts after a while. But if you wear CROCS shouldn't be a problem.

Oh by the way @Three Bouys, you indicated that you have worked with this Starboard AS before? Is 1/2 inch thick enough in your opinion to make a strong enough floor in an 18 ft. aluminum boat using pedestal seats with the bases bolted down in the normal way with backer plates on the underside. The reason I ask is that the 3/4 inch starts to get fairly heavy jumping to 135 lbs. from 90 lbs. for the 1/2" 54" x 96" sheet.

@whitetailhunter the 1/2" would probably be fine as long as there is sufficient support under it. I've used the same product for an industrial application. We use Peidmont Plastics from Scarborough.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks