Kicker Motor Fuel Line; 3 tanks, 2 motors

Gruntman

How does everyone supply gas to their kicker motor?

My setup: older 18' Startcraft aluminum (Holiday V), 70HP Evinrude OB, 7.5HP kicker on a bracket that allows it to be raised or dropped; 3 x gas cans (22.7 liters/5 gallon); one hose with primer bulb, all connectors are quick-connect type.

Reaching over the splashwell to swap the connector from big motor to little (or vice-versa) is a challenge. Reaching under the splashwell to swap to a full tank is also a challenge. Age, arthritis, and general "there must be an easier way" (aka "laziness") leads me think the following would be much better:

- add a simple shut-off valve in the line from each tank, mounted just under the splashwell, in easy reach
- add a 3-in (from tanks) 1-out (to motors) manifold
- one primer bulb in the single out line from the manifold (maybe; could also have one in each tank line)
- a Y or T to split the one line out to 2 motors

All tanks and motors stay connected. I'm not intending to draw fuel from more than one tank at a time, as I understand it's very difficult to get 2 or more tanks to feed evenly, so I'd end up pulling air from the first one to empty. Instead, I'm just looking for an easy way to have one tank feed either motor.

The long term plan is to put a large single tank under the floor, but that's not happening until I replace the floor, and that's not scheduled for a few year.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Best Regards!

I used bought a brass valve from a marine shop. It has on /on and off on it . Feed the main tank to it then to the engines. Leave the primer bulbs on each engine . I was told that when one engine is running it could suck air from the other and cause it to lean out . The check ball in the bulb and the valve helps prevents this from happening.

I split the fuel line and put a squeeze primer bulb for each motor and a shut off for each motor, I have found that you do not need to shut the valve of one motor off when using the other. I would not install the shut off valves if I was doing again. Would suggest you carry a clamp of some type to shut off either fuel if you had an issue.

I'd start by adding a 2 foot line with connector to big motor so don't have to bend over to make swap in splash well. Get second line and leave kicker hooked up

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks