kennel question

moosey

We are looking for a chocolate lab pup and have been told true blue kennels in aylmer are okay
does anyone have any input on them
thanks

I've never heard of that breeder,, probably just because I'm not from that immediate area.. are you looking for a "working" dog or just a pet? I've got a couple suggestions to look into either way.

Working dog- gander ridge retrievers
Pet- Fargo ridge retirevers
I'm sure there is a waiting list at both places,,, and Fargo ridge you don't pick your dog,, it's picked for you by criteria you give them.. sounds odd but there is a huge waiting list there, and they have incredible animals.

I have no affiliation with either,, i just know some things about their operations and the people running them.. I wouldn't hesitate from either

We are looking for a chocolate lab pup and have been told true blue kennels in aylmer are okay
thanks
I will be Blunt with you; in Sept of this year we bought a Dauchund from these people. When we viewed her she seemed fine. All good. When we picked her up ,out came the contract- no breeding or it cost more- special food that they,the Rempels get a kick back on each bag. We took her to OUR vet,-missing important imunization shots/or not given at the right time,they use a travelling vet who has been fined many times.. Had to be re done. Then to find out she has an "overbite" like the Simpsons dog that requires surgurey. So Moosey no run away,these are Brokers. Find a reputable breeder,you will be happier. This is ALL true,just ask my wife-she is still livid.

Google Kismet dog rescue-she knows these people and this is what the Amish do- run away -run away from True Blue. Oh and they belong to the Church of God,:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

thankyou for the reply`s I will stay clear of true blue for sure the advice is greatly appreciated and I will check out the other kennels

Health Clearances are a must. Labs these days have several genetically carried health issues that all responsible breeders will test for. True heart break when that cute puppy grows up to be affected.

Here is a link to a lab breeder who checks for all health clearances. I met her close to a year ago, talked with her for quite a while and was impressed with her. Lola has been breeding labs for 30 years, if I was looking for one, I would talk to her.

thanks
My sister knows a very good multiple award winning breeder who breeds black labs and she is a hunter. My sister is an award winning breeder herself of Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers...Armachord. She gave me this link to give to you with high recommendations. She further indicates this breeder might breed chocolates as well...check her web site.

MAKTAWAE LABRADORS

Hope this helps.
Mike

Last edited:
Here is a link to a lab breeder who checks for all health clearances. I met her close to a year ago, talked with her for quite a while and was impressed with her. Lola has been breeding labs for 30 years, if I was looking for one, I would talk to her.

I have one of her dogs, was bred out of show dog stock from apple meadows and hers. He is 7 now, he is a great dog and pet. But didn't have the drive nor the focus to be a superb dog like you would get from field lines.

She does have Jack's dog Ace, not sure if she is still breeding him or not.

She didn't charge me more to keep him intact nut wise but I'd wish now I would have just cut him. Too late now.

He is more of that English lab with the big blocky head and rough wiry hair. (that doesn't shed water well). He is a muscular 65 lb dog.

He took force fetch training well and still loves getting out on birds.

But like I stated never figured out the focus to watch the sky rather than what was 2" in front of a nose.

Not saying her dogs are bad but if you want a serious hunting dog or trial hunt test dog look elsewhere.

Maybe it's my own fault, I'm sure a lot of it is as kids and life got in the way of really getting heavy on the training but I just don't see the drive like you would out of say @Lpgar dogs.

15768479576431252550609.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks