Kayak duck hunting

Bar1984

I’m just wondering if it’s legal for me to float down big creek in a kayak duck hunting? Or if anyone knows a area I can take my kayak out duck hunting?

Best time to go shooting ducks on the rivers and creeks after it freezes up and yes you can shoot out of your kayak on the river or creek. Places to go little otter. Or thames river close to Beech ville

Last edited:
Other than your usual permits; I don't think so. I think they are still guiding kayakers down Big Creek that may spook the birds away and/or the safety issue of others on the water. Also I believe the Bayou Hunt Club has a tract of marsh that Big Creek runs through so don't get caught on their property ; they are somewhere South of the 1st Conc. and North of Lakeshore Road. I also believe that under the Navigable Waters Act so long as you stay on//in the Big Creek you are legal but I am not a lawyer nor have I ever float hunted Big Creek.

I talked to the mnr last year about water hunting im in the nuagara region but the lady i talked to is the one who trains all the other staff she assured me that as long as you are in a navigable water body on a vessel its leagal to hunt water is crown land she tells me and that as long as your not standing on the bank or wadding out its leagal just have to check the local laws for dishcharge bylaws and no su day hunting or houses or road to close but within those peramiters its legal

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks