July 25 Pt Bruce.

First thanks to Misty River, Danno and Turtle for giving us a heads up. Conditions yesterday were overcast at 7:00 am winds N and a chop. Went out about 5 miles to 52 feet. Trolled at 2.7 to 3.0 with 2 lines on lead core (all colors + 50 feet of braid - baited with custom made worm harness) 2 riggers with spoons.
Results - 15 for 20 before 11:30 am. 13 walleyes average 2lb (threw one back) 1 silver bass and one rainbow.
Chicken pattern spoon took the bow and 4 walleye.
Custom floating spin harness took 10 out the 15 fish
Harness has the following:
2 Chatreuse # 10 hooks, Last hook rigged with Chartreuse fiber optics, one tapered float in chartreuse, one chartreuse bead, one Colorado (#5 I think) perched face blade on 15 - 30 " 17 lb test fluorocarbon line.
Bought all components through Lure maker - 9 out of 10 were taken on chartreuse pattern and one out of 10 were on glow.
Never fished Erie so can't comment on water clarity but seemed like had settles down since reported big blow earlier and was a bit murky.
Had tremendous luck on those spin harnesses fished off of bottom in ather lakes with tickler but had never tried off of lead core.
Key to that success was water depth, speed and lastly the 6-8 strands of fiber optics put on the last hook of the harnesses. I am going to "flash" some of that on my salmon spoons. Who Knows??

Keep safe and take Care on the water

Tight lines - John

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks