is there any good fishing yet

makoassault

i was hoping to get out fishing within the next week and wondered if anyone was catching anything. I heard guys were catching perch on the bay and would like to know if the pike are spawning since it turned warm and the ice is out.

Seen a post on a fish forum ,few guys had pictures of some nice walleye from delaware west of london a week ago.

Awesome, I can't wait to get the big boat out to hit some eye's but I would really like to do some pike fishing. This will be my first year pike fishing down here and I'm not really sure of when and where to go. I heard from a bunch of guys who used to fish them in big creek years ago, that as soon as the ice goes out you start fishing. The only problem is that there wasn't really any ice this year so I;m not sure of how soon to go out.

In my experiance the pike seem to run up Big Creek for a good while. And im pretty sure they are only fair game untill the middle of this month in land. As for the bay once we have some staedy nice weather it will have plenty of pike rolling around but then theres that sanctuary in effect to protect the smallies. Pick your dates carefully or just head to bluffs once its really warming up and have fun!

I was in Delaware today and threw everything but the kitchen sink at the walleye and got nothing[:(!] Water was still pretty dirty and fast though, anyone have any tips on what to use? Although it was better than going to work today!:D

3" White or yellow or chartreuse curly tails used to do good on the walleye. 1/4 to 1/2 oz jigs - depending on the water clarity and speed.

Thanks fish bone. I just checked the 2012 regs and please correct me if i'm wrong on anything. From what I understand you can fish inland until march 31. You can fish the inner bay until may 15. If I read everything correctly there is still plenty of time to fish spring pike in the shallows.

Ya I was mainly using white and yellow 3" mister twisters, I also tried husky jerks and nightcrawlers. But I'm guessing it was mainly the water conditions. Oh well hopefully the weekend is nice and I can try again. If anyone else was out there today I would be interested to hear how you did.

I was out last week on Tuesday.

I tossed white twister tails and rapalas and managed to get nothing more than my line wet. Although it was a beautiful sunny morning for a nice walk.

I plan to hit the Thames at Delaware again early next week before the river season closes on March 15. Hopefully, water levels will come down by then.

WR

Good Luck wildeye rainbow,I was planning on doing the same thing before the Walleye Season Closes on March 15,2012.Let`s hope that the water level will drop,for some decent Fishing.

RED FISH

Back