Is it wrong to take a charter?

GMAC

I’m new to fishing Burwell. Fished it last year and did awesome but this year I’m struggling a lot to get more than a couple pickerel in the boat. Thinking of taking a charter to see what tactics and techniques they use for lead core, dipsey’s etc.

But I have good friends who guide Niagara and the Saugeen river and I stay away because I dont want anyone to think I’m stealing their “numbers” etc. I’m considering a charter to see what I can learn but is that wrong?

It's wrong not to take a charter. I've learned so much knowledge from charters that I now use in my own boat. Your not taking their numbers your taking their knowledge. Only thing charters seem to hate is people getting in their way but then again everyone hates being crowded. I suggest going out with different charters. Get one a year with some friends and have a great time, you wont regret it. Good luck lots of great ones out there.

I’m new to fishing Burwell. Fished it last year and did awesome but this year I’m struggling a lot to get more than a couple pickerel in the boat. Thinking of taking a charter to see what tactics and techniques they use for lead core, dipsey’s etc.

But I have good friends who guide Niagara and the Saugeen river and I stay away because I dont want anyone to think I’m stealing their “numbers” etc. I’m considering a charter to see what I can learn but is that wrong?
It’s totally cool to take a charter...you can learn a LOT on this site also

Nothing at all wrong with taking a charter. I've been going out with Tailfeathers for a few years now and highly recommend him to everyone who asks me. Between what I've learned from those trips and what I learn from other members who have also taken me out in their boats, I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge and as I said in another thread, when that day comes that I do own my own boat, the knowledge I have gained now when I don't own one will be put to very good use. I'll know what I want/need for equipment, and I'll already know how to use it to be successful and that's because I've gone out with Tailfeathers and others to gain that knowledge. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and it's well worth the money you'll spend.

Nothing wrong with going on a charter , great way to learn new area and techniques.

Some charters will fish allot further out and deeper than most individuals will ever go in there own boats , so they don't worry about people fishing there spots ....plus big water ....lots of room.

I fish with allot of different people , in there boats .
If I never fished or met them before , I may take my vhf and gps along I never use them unless there would be an emergency...or on some past occasions there fish finders didn't work ...we were able to fish my previous waypoints.

I’ve gone 6 years in a row on trophy taker charters, all ya have to do is fish no boat control no looking for fish it’s a blast and yes you will likely learn a few things, just have some fun with the buddy’s and maybe a beer or two

Great way to learn. If wanting to learn Burwell I reccommed the guys at Erie gold sport fishing out of Burwell. Extremely nice people and man does higgy ever know how to fish. Look them up on Instagram or Facebook for constant updates on the results this season

if I take a charter, should I tell them i have a boat and try to learn trolling?
These guys are a wealth of knowledge and will certainly share techniques I know I’ve never been shy to ask questions when I’m on a charter

I have had rigged boats and fished Erie for years but do at least 2 charters each year. It takes away all the work and every time I learn more. I just took my daughter and boyfriend out with Fish Whisperer and I can't say enough. What a great guy, great fishing and I got schooled about lead core setup...go out with him..hes the real deal

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks