Is 20 kph north wind too much to make the ride out to bluff bar???

Bass Tracker

Hey everyone, I am new (1st post) I was wondering if a 20 kph north wind is too much wind to make the drive up to bluff bar to try for some pike??? I am inspired by Duck Soup, and ever since I read his last post I wanted to try. I have only fished at long point once or twice and I dont know the lake that well, so I thought I would leave it up to you guys and gals. I want to go tomorrow (saturday) morning. Any info would be great, I am very new.

Thanks
Bass Tracker

p.s. I have a 19 foot bass tracker with a 90 horse

If you're coming from the Inner Bay, you should know better after you cross the 1st sandbar.. If you don't know where the sandbar is, stick to the marked channel. Also, be careful around Bluff Bar itself. It gets really shallow, really fast. My advice would be to make your first trip there on a calm day.

If you're coming from the Inner Bay, you should know better after you cross the 1st sandbar.. If you don't know where the sandbar is, stick to the marked channel. Also, be careful around Bluff Bar itself. It gets really shallow, really fast. My advice would be to make your first trip there on a calm day.
Stomp
Are you speaking from experience on how shallow and how fast the Bluff Bar suddenly appears:D

Hell yes... but I usually hit the Bluff when I was running a kicker motor. Once saw (and heard) a guy hit it broadside about 3/4 of the way down doing about 40 mph. That was not pretty. He must have dug a channel halfway to the lake, but he didn't quite make it.

My biggest screw-up (while driving a boat) was panicking on top of the 1st sandbar and coming off plane ... a couple of grand to Proctor later and we were back up and running again...

Pottahawk seems to move every Sunday when its time to come in for me. There has been times I think my GPS is a little off.;)
See ya Sunday if the weather holds out for us, I invited Big Dave to come with us if he wasn't doing anything.

Maybe i will have to wait till someone can show me where the sand bars are. I dont want to have to replace the botom end of my motor!!! I will have to beg and plead with all of you for someone to go for a boat ride with me.........no really any takers?

I strongly concur with regards to the advice of getting to know the sand bar that separates the Inner and Outer Bay first, and doing so on a good day. Still spring time...lots of time for good weather. :)
Ken

I am sure you will find a taker Bass Tracker, the sand bars are shallow but you arent likely to hurt your boat on them. Do you have a GPS on board?

Pottahawk seems to move every Sunday when its time to come in for me. There has been times I think my GPS is a little off.;)
See ya Sunday if the weather holds out for us, I invited Big Dave to come with us if he wasn't doing anything.

OK sounds good, hopefully it warms up and calms down on Sunday. Shooting to be in Long Point around 7'ish.

I hope you do better than we did today perchin' in the inner bay.

Threw everything at them but it was super slow!

Thinking of taking 1x last shot at the Pike tomorrow but curious what everyone thinks the bite will be with this cold front.

Take care and talk soon.

I'm thinking this cold front that moved in is gonna shut the fish off till the weather warms up. I was gonna go perchin' tomorrow at pt bruce but I think I'll save my gas

Back