Inner Bay - October 31st

stansav

According forecast winds and waves shouldn't be too bad and I decided to give a last try before sending my boat to winter storage. It was a cool morning -1 Celsius when I started fishing the Inner Bay. Very few boats, was pretty sunny during the day with pretty clear water, perch fishing was zero to none (at least for me) and I switched to pikes finishing my day with 4 pikes ranging from 32 to 43 inches (sorry no "holding pike" pictures since I was fishing solo).

So now I started preparing my boat for winter storage :(

Hopefully next season will be much better without strong permanent winds and waves!

And finally - couple pictures from yesterday:

Last edited:
Hey Stan I saw you out there. I was in my new boat. The white bass boat that was out there. I wasn't sure if that was you. I was gonna come say hi. I had a slow morn only 2 pike 26" and 27". Had 2 more on one felt like a good one but can't confirm it!! Should still be good for a few more weeks!!

Hey Stan I saw you out there. I was in my new boat. The white bass boat that was out there. I wasn't sure if that was you. I was gonna come say hi. I had a slow morn only 2 pike 26" and 27". Had 2 more on one felt like a good one but can't confirm it!! Should still be good for a few more weeks!!
Should still be good for a few more weeks!! I like your way of thinking @spilliard1 (y) Maybe I will see you out on Long Point Bay. Tight Lines,& PIKE ON!! (y)

Nice photo's @stansav,especially of the Pike in the net.I can't wait to get back out there soon,once we get some calmer windy day's.Thanks for Sharing.(y)

Last edited:
@spilliard1, first I thought it was you but I didn't recognize your new shiny boat! A bit jealous now...;)
May be I will follow your advice and will wait for couple more weeks before winterizing!

@Red Hering, I wish I had picture with pike in my hands, but... I should get one of those GoPro cameras!
That's not a bad idea @stansav.I should also get me a Go Pro camera.I tend to fish solo occasionally,& that camera would definitely help to capture the fight and the idea that your hand's are free,while the camera is on.Tight Lines,& maybe we will meet on Long Point Bay.(y)

Last edited:
Fellows my son and I were also on the inner bay the same day and like always out of St. Williams we head strait toward the east side of millionaires and try to line up with port roan
Should still be good for a few more weeks!! I like your way of thinking @spilliard1 (y) Maybe I will see you out on Long Point Bay. Tight Lines,& PIKE ON!! (y)

Boys, my son and I were on the inner bay the same day and like always out of St. Williams we head straight towards the east side of millionaires and try to line up with port rowan and the cement light house outside of old cut but this day there were already four other boats on our line so we were the 2 guys in the 14 foot tinner closer to St. Williams and almost directly in line with the water front trailer park. Normally we never anchor and always drift fish but this day we picked up a couple of jumbo when we lined up with the other boats, we found a hole in 7fow with no vertical weeds but lots of short grass on the bottom at that point the action was steady by the time the minnow hit the bottom and you lifted up we had perch, we boated close to 150 and kept 22, the dinks were so many we were more concerned about getting our minnow back than anything, stayed longer than the other boats but it seemed when the chop from the east picked up the jumbo disapeared, so with sore and cold hands we also called it a day, but it's not over yet and we will be back

@LAVA, where are you getting minnows this time of the year?
Stansav, my son Abe and I come from Hamilton and we always get our minnows at Bills Bait on upper James. The Balardo brothers are great guys, the have nice shiners and they never count. The day we were out we took 8 dozen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks