Inline Planer Boards and snap weights?

rodphoto7

Planning on using inline planer boards this year and thinking of using snap weights with them to achieve depths of up to 50'. Any experienced thoughts or advice on methods or alternatives? Thx🎣

This is a method I use quite often... they work really well, but 50 feet in depth is really only achievable with thin line and slower speeds... once you push over 2 mph it can be tough to reach those depths... at 2.5 mph with a 2 Oz weight and 250 feet of line with 18 lb line you're looking at running roughly 35 feet deep using a flicker minnow 9. All that being said, you can use heavier weights, deeper diving cranks, thinner line and go slower and you could achieve 50 feet in depth. I wrote an article on snap weights for Ontario outdoors magazine last year, so I did quite a bit of research on them, send me a personal message if you're interested in talking further about it.

Planning on using inline planer boards this year and thinking of using snap weights with them to achieve depths of up to 50'. Any experienced thoughts or advice on methods or alternatives? Thx🎣
I have run up to 8 oz clip weights off inline boards with a fellow 68 member

Google " pump handle fishing "
Russell s fish tec

Very detailed videos

This is a method I use quite often... they work really well, but 50 feet in depth is really only achievable with thin line and slower speeds... once you push over 2 mph it can be tough to reach those depths... at 2.5 mph with a 2 Oz weight and 250 feet of line with 18 lb line you're looking at running roughly 35 feet deep using a flicker minnow 9. All that being said, you can use heavier weights, deeper diving cranks, thinner line and go slower and you could achieve 50 feet in depth. I wrote an article on snap weights for Ontario outdoors magazine last year, so I did quite a bit of research on them, send me a personal message if you're interested in talking further about it.
I'll be trolling worm harnesses for walleye so it'll be slow speeds. I'm planning on using copolymer or braid to get thinner line and hopefully help with achieving depth when I need it. Any thoughts on using braid with the clips on inline planer boards?
Thanks for the info, appreciated!

I'll be trolling worm harnesses for walleye so it'll be slow speeds. I'm planning on using copolymer or braid to get thinner line and hopefully help with achieving depth when I need it. Any thoughts on using braid with the clips on inline planer boards?
Thanks for the info, appreciated!
I do use braid sometimes with the clips, you'll find that you want to grab the line and roll it together at one spot to create a thicker piece that you can attach to ... or you can loop it back around like in this video

I run 20 lb braid in the clips all the time pulling harnesses and cranks. One wrap around the front clip, one wrap around the back clip. If you have the OR18 snapper releases, the line will still pop out even if it has a wrap on it leaving just the back clip attached while fighting the fish

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks