Info on upper French river.

That’s a badass camping trip! Upper French I take it ? Where abouts are you launching and planning on going ? Usually love to canoe camp too
Parking at Hartley Bay Marina. First time canoeing the French. Only been once before in a boat. I'm at the mercy of buddy who knows some spots. Not really looking for musky. Mostly walleyes. Might pack some leaders though. I guess we are going to setup a base camp and explore some each day. This is going to be an awesome trip.

Parking at Hartley Bay Marina. First time canoeing the French. Only been once before in a boat. I'm at the mercy of buddy who knows some spots. Not really looking for musky. Mostly walleyes. Might pack some leaders though. I guess we are going to setup a base camp and explore some each day. This is going to be an awesome trip.
Yeah that sounds great! I’ve never done camping on the French. Usually Algonquin. But I mean I would love to go boat camping up there !

@Wolkovitch we don't mind it! Going with my father in law & he likes to be able to get into town whenever he feels the need. Being on land has it perks compared to staying on an island. That being said there are a lot of really nice places on islands and makes it feel like more of a getaway sometimes.

Great info guys. I'm heading up Thursday. Leaving the boat at home. We'll be in 2 Nova Crafts loaded down with camping stuff. The weather looks awesome. Tight lines.
You just posted on Facebook @Could get Ugly and a nice walleye that you are holding there!! 🐟👍👍🙂 I thought that you were leaving on Thursday & I had some information for you on that part of the French River,(Hartley Bay), area,but you and your buddy have already left.We all are hoping that you will post some photo’s on @stomp as well of your fishing 🛶🛶🎣🎣🐟🐟.👊👊😉 Tight lines to you both & walleye’s,bass & maybe even a musky ON!!🎣🐟 👍👍🙂

most of the larger pike will stay deeper in the summer months --as the weather cools they will be moving into shallower weedy bays--just stick with a standard bucktail---for musky we have always done well fishing rock islands with nearby deep water or weed beds---lots of guys up there throwing big blade baits, and their big rubber baits---those fish see that all the time---go with glide baits, even old fashion suicks-10 to 12 inches--you will get lots of action on them below is one of my homemade weighted glide baits that I use up there ----good luck!IMG_9322.JPG

Had a great time at the French River PP. Fishing was slow but we managed a few. Someone caught a 57" musky while we were there. Beautiful country. Awesome campsites.

Had a great time at the French River PP. Fishing was slow but we managed a few. Someone caught a 57" musky while we were there. Beautiful country. Awesome campsites.
It sounds like that you had a great time @Could get Ugly with your friend.👍👍 Thanks for your update about your recent French River fishing trip. Aren’t you glad that you didn’t catch that 57 inch musky out of your canoe? lol 😆 Or maybe you were wishing that you would of had caught it out of your canoe. 🛶🎣🐟 😉 lol 😂 Yes and definitely for sure,that the French River is a beautiful country!! Tight lines & “Keep on Fishing!!” 🛶🎣🐟👍🙂

Back