Important Message from LPWA President Jim Malcolm

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)

Maybe a little more info on where they are located might help. Are they marked with stakes? Is this between the park and little rice? Or is this close to the feed ponds?

Guess I should be more clear. With all the new waterfowlers down their year after year would one know they were in one of these ponds?

Last edited:
Maybe a little more info on where they are located might help. Are they marked with stakes? Is this between the park and little rice? Or is this close to the feed ponds?

Guess I should be more clear. With all the new waterfowlers down their year after year would one know they were in one of these ponds?
The Crown Marsh has many ponds that are not open to hunting. The permit issued by the LPWMU identifies the blind or stake where the person is permitted to hunt. It is totally illegal to hunt outside that area. Some of the restricted ponds are inside the sanctuaries while others are simply roosting areas where birds can rest and feed without being disturbed. Historically the Crown Marsh was about 50% water and that is considered optimum for supporting wildlife. The objective of the marsh rehab is to restore as much as possible of the marsh to a productive state. A healthy productive marsh benefits everyone, including us hunters.

Pinchel, it should be crystal clear where you can hunt in the LPWMU. If you have rented a blind you need to be physically in it or very close (15 feet I think). If you rented a shooting point you need to be within 100 feet of the stake with the number on it. Hunting anywhere else in the Crown Marsh is not allowed.

I understand where I'm allowed to be in the unit. The reason I asked is when it comes to places like little rice where people hunt their isnt alot of stakes around showing what can and can't be hunted or how far one can go back in these places. I've seen the CWS signs around and one hunting zone A sign that was on shore knocked over.

OK understood, the roosting ponds in question here and all the wetland restoration paid for by the LPWA are within the Unit. The areas east of the Unit in Rice Bay and further out the point are a bit of a confusing mix of private and public land that can be hard to tell where you are welcome and where you are not.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks