ice fishing long point

wannabewalleye

I got a few huts booked next Saturday with jimmy riggin just woundering if anyone has been out with him before and how the fishing usally is around that area and how deep is the water and hot lures and tips would all be appericated as im bringing 12 guys wanna make it a good trip for everyone thxs in advance for the info

@wannabewalleye ... haven't fished over there for a few years now, so things may have changed, but here goes.
  • Water is not too deep... maybe 10' if you get out close to the EC10 marker.
  • Perch seem to be in fast moving schools... you'll have nothing for long stretches and suddenly get a bunch of action.
  • Later afternoon seemed better for me
  • We never used lures, but I think Jimmy and others recommend jigging a bigger spoon to attract the perch
  • (release any mud puppies you catch:eek: - it's the law )
P.S. It's not Hastings...

Last edited:
I have never been with Jimmy Rigging before but have fished the inner bay many times in past.

usually 6-9 ' water depth. I usually will have one rod with small jig head tipped with twister tail and a minnow and i will add a stand-out hook with minnow 6-8" up from jig head. in deeper water i might use a 2nd stand out but don't bother in less than 15' .
other rod will have small hook and couple split shots easier too manage when big schools come thru.

If no fish around I will take a rattlin rapala , remove the hooks , lower too the bottom and aggresively jig several times the noise & vibration will usually help draw fish to your area

Back